ficm questions

Heavy_Duty

Reaction score
OK, I got an early 03 6.0 and will need my ficm replaced/ repaired due to voltage issuses. The question is can you replace the half shell (power side only) on an early 03? I was told you can only do that to the later ones, early ones you have to replace the whole thing and have it programmed. If I can't then I'll probably send it in for repair

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Pull both negative battery terminals before opening up FICM plate for inspection!
Here is the TSB, you have to check it to see if it can be half shell repaired, yes most early 2003 cannot be repaired.

Remove the two (2) Torx T20 retaining screws and inspection plate from the back of the FICM. (Figure 2)
pl_zps24fdf892.gif

Figure 2 - Article 10-12-6

Inspect the buss connector screws.
If FICM is an early style with seven (7) connector screws, do not disassemble. Replace the FICM assembly. (Figure 3)
7_zps532cd975.gif

Figure 3 - Article 10-12-6

If FICM has four (4) connector screws, proceed to Step 4 for inspection and repair. (Figure 4)
4_zps4dcae9e5.gif

Figure 4 - Article 10-12-6

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just have it repaired. The 1/2 shells aren't any better than what's coming off of there, they will still fail again at some point. I have seen failed reman FICM's from 2010...

Heavy_Duty

Reaction score
Yea, I'm getting one from ficmrepair.com for an extra $50 they send you one so you don't have to be down. You have 30 days to send yours back without a core charge.

squirtgun

Reaction score
I did the repair myself...it's straight forward and fairly easy of you know how to use a soldering iron.

Mdub707

Reaction score
They charge you $50 extra to send you one up front but don't refund it? Am I reading that right?

Heavy_Duty

Reaction score
Extra $50 to ship one out so your not down. They charge you $300 if they don't get your old one back in 30 days. Normally you send yours in, they fix it and send it back.

Last edited:

weazel

Reaction score
Extra $50 to ship one out so your not down. They charge you $300 if they don't get your old one back in 30 days. Normally you send yours in, they fix it and send it back.

I sent mine in, truck was down for a little over a week, that was over a year ago, still runs awesome today

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Dave

Reaction score
Bulletproof diesel has 4 and 7 pin half shells.

Ive been running a 4 pin since March of 2012. I love it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.