Ficm tune with srl

range91

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I should have my files reworked after ficm tune? I feel like the truck doesn't feel as strong as it did when just ran srl. The throttle response is better and when first loaded ficm tune the truck boosted like crazy then the more I drove the more I could feel the computer relearning. Any info would be appreciated,

bboteler

Reaction score
i run srl+ with an atlas 40 tune on the ficm, but i don't know that gearhead changes the tunes for tuned ficms. i know most tuners i've talked to say a tuned ficm is fine but doesn't change how they write files unless you have big sticks.

range91

Reaction score
I also have atlas 40 just seems to smoke more with not much difference in power besides more of a sensitive pedal. Seems like there is plenty of fuel need a barder stage 2 anyone running one with ficm tuning any lag issues?

white07psd

Reaction score
I just installed a barder stage 2 last night in my truck. It has an innovative ficm tuner, 58v ficm and new xtreme race tune with stock injectors and stock fuel system. It works awesome. Lag is similar to a stock cast wheel powermax on stock injectors. Egts are pretty much in check, only has a slight lag in overdrive lugging it but thats pretty much expected.

range91

Reaction score
I just installed a barder stage 2 last night in my truck. It has an innovative ficm tuner, 58v ficm and new xtreme race tune with stock injectors and stock fuel system. It works awesome. Lag is similar to a stock cast wheel powermax on stock injectors. Egts are pretty much in check, only has a slight lag in overdrive lugging it but thats pretty much expected.

Great to hear I hope to be getting turbo soon thanks for the info

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I am running Atlas 80 with GearHead SRL-X.... Mine runs like a champ... Also with MTW stage 1 it cleans it up pretty good!

Jarrod B

Reaction score
naw i dont think thats needed. but with mine it just added a tad more power on the low end. idr which ficm tune i had but the ecm just had the srl tune.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah if you're already tuned via an SCT or similar, you wont notice top end gains really, but the throttle response is greatly increased and it just seems to move easier down the road. Currently running the PHP Hercules tune with a race tune.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Running SRL plus hercules 80. Plus one on throttle response and a little more driveability. Smokes heavily when loaded up and hazes at WOT pretty good, even with Matt's smokeless tunes. Buyer beware. No retune needed.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Running SRL plus hercules 80. Plus one on throttle response and a little more driveability. Smokes heavily when loaded up and hazes at WOT pretty good, even with Matt's smokeless tunes. Buyer beware. No retune needed.

Hercules or Atlas 80? Different tunes....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.