ficm tuning

what a mess

Reaction score
I just got the php ficm tuner for 30% larger injectors but I have a budy who has stock injectors could we use my tuner to tune his truck

Stroker04

Reaction score
You can, but it could potentially lock the tuner to his truck. Doubt he will see a very big gain since that ficm tuning is for 30%+ nozzles.

Stroker04

Reaction score
IDP's ficm tuner must be different than the PHP. Innovative's you don't even have an option to return it back to stock.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
IDP's ficm tuner must be different than the PHP. Innovative's you don't even have an option to return it back to stock.

True.

I have both ficm tuners. I just loaded up phps and noticed a very smooth idle. Spool is slightly faster. I'm not running vgts, the non vgt hp lights up pretty quick. The 40 atlas made it a tad more responsive. Looking forward to trying different tunes and hopefully get out n get a live tune once it cools down some

ODAWG714

Reaction score
205/75s at the moment. I'm thinking possibly hybrids but not 100% certain yet.

Currently I'm messing with exhaust housings and tuning and tuning with the ficm being tuned as well. I'm loving the 1.03 housing on the hp just hate it when is starts hazing

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Since were on this topic, I see both sides of the story here concerning FICM tunes and larger injectors. Some say its a God sent gift, others say it makes it worse or nothing gained.

Who all has used it on a VGT setup. I think I read on a non-VGT setup its a very nice add-on. But on VGT, there isn't much gained. Any insight>

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I've used it with a vgt and it makes it very responsive. That's with php and idp.

My current non vgt setup is very responsive with out ficm tuning. Idk if it's a bpd 58v or what but it's on point. So far I've noticed better smoke out put and the idle is way better.

Egts idk havnt looked cause they're not a issue. With aggressive ficm tuning the back pressure jumps but then equals out up top

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Okay so it may be conducive to give it a try... I'd go with php most likely. I have a 58v ficm too...

Twan

Reaction score
I have ran both innovative and php with my setup.

Eric's was very smokey and egts were noticeable high. Then I bought php and have ran the 40hp, I like it, brings the power in a little sooner.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Yes you can. Phps ficm tuner for 30% nozzle is good for stock to 30%. Any nozzle larger than 30% the tunes are different

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Hmm... that's interesting because on their site it says one version is good for stock-30% and another for above 30%+. I talked with Jay to confirm that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.