ficm

TWEETER

Reaction score
Does anybody know the measurements of the rear ficm bracket that goes on top of the holes for an 05?? Or just the measurements of the tabs on the ficm??

Mdub707

Reaction score
Center to center between the mounting holes of the FICM itself is 2.5", almost exactly. Should be close enough that the rubber mounts take up the slack. Measured with calipers and got 2.498" or so...

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yes, that's how they come, you're correct. You can mount them however you want though. The 05+ just use a large acorn style nut. I had a brain fart, I deal with too many of them and have rubber grommets flying everywhere.

TWEETER

Reaction score
So there's not actually a metal bracket or anything that goes over the tabs?? Just the acorn nuts?? If that's the case I have never had those in the 2 1/2 years I have had the truck and didn't realize it the 20 or so times I have taken the ficm off lol!!!

BullsEye

Reaction score
On my 05 there is the bracket then my ficms sits on that then a tab going across the top of the ficms then a washer and nut on each bolt.

BullsEye

Reaction score
Sorry I should have specified. The back has the bracket, ficms, the 1/2x3 tab, then 2ea bolts. The front has the bracket, ficms, a bracket to screw your a lot filter to, then that is tighten down by 2ea washers and bolts. Hope that help clarify it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
My 06 has the bracket that bolts to the valve cover, with 4 studs pointing up, the FICM sits down on the studs and then the acorn nuts center it on the studs, that's it. No washers, no other brackets, just the acorn nuts. The earlier one's used a solid cast aluminum bracket mounted to the valve cover, with 4 studs again, and then rubber grommets and nuts to hold the FICM. So the rubber mounts used to be @ the FICM mounting, but the aluminum brackets must of cost too much, so they went to the cheesy stamped steel like the newer ones have and rubber mounted the bracket at the valve cover, now the FICM is hard mounted to the bracket.

I have both styles here...

Latest posts

Members online