Filthy nasty truck update

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Still not washed since March but I got the OEM flares on, mirror caps on, b-pillars blacked out and 325/50/22 Toyo AT2's on. Slowly but surely things are happening.

11150731_10204616408229819_6089252124431054018_n.jpg

truckman1974

Reaction score
I have Jason doing me a PTM keyless entry keypad right now. (I never could understand why Ford doesn't make them PTM.....other than to save a few bucks up front).

Did you not have the OEM flares originally? Are your B Pillars actually painted and not just vinyl? I think I like that!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I added the flares...it didn't come with them. The pillars are matte black vinyl. I didn't wanna commit to paint in case I change my mind.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yea, I might try that vinyl too (good call not to just jump in right away with painted). Did you just grab some vinyl off ebay? For the install, did you just spray some soapy water or windex on it and then squeegee all the water out once you got it in place (like tint)?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I got automotive wrap vinyl. It's only like 15 bucks for enough to do the pillars. No water needed...you can work it dry like they do with wraps.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
is that stuff pretty easy to work? I have truck that i am wanting to do on my own.

Truck looks good.

johnp115

Reaction score
Yea, I might try that vinyl too (good call not to just jump in right away with painted). Did you just grab some vinyl off ebay? For the install, did you just spray some soapy water or windex on it and then squeegee all the water out once you got it in place (like tint)?

No you want to do it dry. It's really workable and you can put it down and pick it up a few times to get it right.

johnp115

Reaction score
Also for anyone that's doing this, if youre going to use a gloss black stay away from 3m gloss black. The surface on the material isn't the best and it will get "spider web scratches" when wiping it. A good brand for gloss black would be Avery or Hexis.

swinky

Reaction score
Also for anyone that's doing this, if youre going to use a gloss black stay away from 3m gloss black. The surface on the material isn't the best and it will get "spider web scratches" when wiping it. A good brand for gloss black would be Avery or Hexis.
I'm going to be doing my truck like your green truck with an 05-07 swap.

BK39

Reaction score
Turned out nice, what are you going to do with the grill surround?

streetglide

Reaction score
How do you like the ar2's ? I've got the mt's now . Ive got the rt's on the wifes jeep . I'm thinking about going with those because there making a 35/13.50r20 now . Looking at cooper st maxx pretty hard too . Don't really want another mt tire but still look a little aggressive .

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I only drove about 100 miles but I like them so far. Quieter than the MT's and that's the only reason I changed. Ordered the PMF parts from PTP this morning to do a 2.5" lift in front and 2" lift in back to stop my rubbing issue. After I fix that it'll be perfect.

Latest posts

Members online