Filthy nasty truck update

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Got the PMF spacers and blocks and Ready Lift trac bar drop bracket in today finally....still haven't washed the pig. LOL
Front stabilizer, Fox resi's and traction bars soon. Getting it up on an alignment rack tomorrow to check caster. If it's close enough I'll leave it alone. If it's bad out I'll order the PMF 3-lnk too.
I like the stance with the small lift...no rubbing now and not tall at all.

11224861_10204653253390925_381489864338015846_n.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I almost forgot....those PMF parts look every bit as good as people say if not better. I can't wait to order more parts from those guys. Also thanks to Eric at PTP for ordering everything for me and making sure I got it in my hands by today.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No. Everything was well within spec...took them all of 20 minutes to set the drag link to straighten out the steering wheel and make a couple of minor adjustments.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I should have asked this in my last post. Are you happy with the ready lift drop bracket for the track bar and do you feel the bracket achieved keeping the axle truly centered? Thanks. (I'm super anal about axle alignment is the reason is ask and want to mimic your setup regarding lift)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'm totally happy with it. Axle is centered and it was a straight drop in part. Literally took 10 minutes to swap it out. I bowed up on the nut with a 3/4" breaker bar and cheater pipe after my torque wrench had all it could take and haven't had a single noise out of the bar or anything. No idea what it's torqued to but it's fuggin tight. LOL

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Pictures looks like the flares match extremely well? do they look at good in person? I had the thread going a while back about the ptm platinum white

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
They're pretty damn close...maybe 1/2 a shade darker at most. When they do look off a bit it seems like the front bumper is off too...I think it's just the way light hits things. The little seam caps on the back of the cab look off sometimes too. Then again sometimes everything looks exactly the same. I think it's as close as tri-coat white can get without blending the whole panel.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I was told when I had some stuff ptm'd. That white and abs plastic are the absolute hardest things to match. I'm not a paint expert by any means. Something along the lines the tint added to the paint is different for the plastic to the steel.

Any paint expert care to add to this?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I was told when I had some stuff ptm'd. That white and abs plastic are the absolute hardest things to match. I'm not a paint expert by any means. Something along the lines the tint added to the paint is different for the plastic to the steel.

Any paint expert care to add to this?

I'm no expert, but I can tell you my wifes Edge is platinum white. The bumpers look different in the right light. And it's all factory paint, so I'm sure there's some truth to that.

GaMike

Reaction score
I am liking the look of the flares. May pickup a set and have someone paint them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I can tell you my wifes Edge is platinum white. The bumpers look different in the right light. And it's all factory paint, so I'm sure there's some truth to that.

This is true but usually only because the oem are cheap ***ks. Ive had stuff repaired, repainted and when the repair guys put sealer on shiz and then paint it it actually matches.

On the other hand, matching metallic paints for repair work is for the gifted painter not just any compressed air cowboy...

Latest posts

Members online