Finally got wheels and tires to show off the Carli setup

sstrobl

Reaction score
A few months ago I put the 2.5" Carli backcountry kit with full leafs on my truck. I was determined to run toyo 37x13.5 MTs on the truck so I did a lot of research on how I could get them to work without hacking up the truck. Huge thanks to George at 8lug and Larry at TRailready, with their help I knew I had to keep it to 8.5" wide or less and around 5" backspacing. When I decided on the simulated bead locks from TR I found out they were actually 8" wide so I bumped the BS out a 1/4" to 4.75" so if have a little more clearance of the radius arms. I did have to trim the bumper brackets, liner, and about 1/4" of the fender behind the front tires. Nothing major I sanded the area and put some flat black paint on and you can't even tell. Had I stuck to 5" bs I wouldn't have had to trim any steel but would have made minor contact on the radius arms. Anyways that's what ya need to do to run the wide 37s on a 2.5" level. Now for the pics!
index7_zps4xfsfadu.jpg

index3_zpsqyqabk9d.jpg

index5_zpsjcdiwlzv.jpg

index1_zpsphchfv3e.jpg

index_zpsvcgdtwod.jpg

index4_zpssko5qcvp.jpg

Not everyone will like the orange I get that, but I do so that's all that matters to me. This truck is definitely different then then what most people like now days with big wheels and lower profile tires. I like the meaty tire look. Now I just need to paint the hubs to match and get some front tints and I'll be done for awhile. Almost 10gs in this truck in 6 months after I sold my 03 cobra because I spent too much money on it lol. Trucks are no better I guess.

sstrobl

Reaction score
Thanks man, they are Trailready 17" simulated bead locks. awesome company who makes products here in the states for a change.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Looks great. These Carli kits really make me second guess why I lowered my truck.

TXAG07

Reaction score
Well done man. I think your the first one to do the 37" mt with the 2.5". I had to do the same type of trimming to fit my RT with 4.5" backspacing, but I know those MTs are like 14.5 wide. Truck looks awesome!

sstrobl

Reaction score
Well done man. I think your the first one to do the 37" mt with the 2.5". I had to do the same type of trimming to fit my RT with 4.5" backspacing, but I know those MTs are like 14.5 wide. Truck looks awesome!

Yes they are really wide, I almost went RT to avoid some trimming but I really like the side knobs on the mts so I decided to do the extra work.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I dig it. I look at least once a week at 17" bead locks and 35" Toyo RT's for mine.

Notneb

Reaction score
I love it except the running boards, but I hate mine too, lol. Do you plan on some amps in the future? Awesome truck man, love the filled fender well look, as I can't stand big rim/low profile look.

Notneb

Reaction score

Jomax had 17's with 37's when he ran a full Carli coilover setup, sadly he went back to stock though.

sstrobl

Reaction score
I love it except the running boards, but I hate mine too, lol. Do you plan on some amps in the future? Awesome truck man, love the filled fender well look, as I can't stand big rim/low profile look.

From what I've heard amp steps don't last in winters like we have. Gotta do a little more research because I like the idea. But a local place that does a lot of lifts told me they take more off then they put on.

Notneb

Reaction score
I would think if you soldered and heat shrank everything properly and put some shielding around the motors, that they'd last through anything. But I'm a big believer in over building everything, so I don't have to mess with it again...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I would think if you soldered and heat shrank everything properly and put some shielding around the motors, that they'd last through anything. But I'm a big believer in over building everything, so I don't have to mess with it again...

The bigger issue is probably ice build up in the arms when driving. If you can stop that from happening they would likely work just fine.

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Great looking truck buddy! Now I know it will definitely fit I am doing 37's on carli 2.5 this week as well and was worried about having to hack it up real bad to make them work.. Kind of feel a little relief now lol

Notneb

Reaction score
The bigger issue is probably ice build up in the arms when driving. If you can stop that from happening they would likely work just fine.

Gotcha, wonder if there's any room/way to put in some sheet metal *skid plates* and still keep them hidden...

Latest posts

Members online