Finally studdin my 7.3

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
yeah, i was just thinking i would also have to undo all of the gauge wiring that runs through the firewall, plus all of the other wiring i have run for other accessories. Do i have to pull the injectors when installing the studs one at a time?

OSCS

Reaction score
yeah, i was just thinking i would also have to undo all of the gauge wiring that runs through the firewall, plus all of the other wiring i have run for other accessories. Do i have to pull the injectors when installing the studs one at a time?

Which takes all of 10min with everything apart already. Most people spend more time talking about it than doing it. There is a reason you rarely see a 7.3 cab off. Tons of room under the hood to do work. Hell I never even un bolted the A/C compressor or alternator.

Valve covers/turbo piping/injectors/motor mounts and trans mount.. Undo these things and go to work.

ToMang07

Reaction score
OP, you have head studs already? I'm selling a set of BNIB ARP Headstuds, $500 shipped.

Good luck with the build.

Black 02

Reaction score
how do you guys go about doing studs in the cab? loosen motor mounts and jack each side up?

Remove motor mount bolts, loosen trans mount bolts.

Place 4x4 block of wood vertical from exhaust manifold to floor jack. Jack slowly until engine won't rotate any farther. Remove studs and reinstall.

Not hard. I did it myself. Of course, I am a god. :priest:

LOL, good luck!

sidwaz

Reaction score
Over the engine creeper definately a must. Then again 8 1/2" of lift on 37's nothing is very comfortable. I did studs, injectors and springs over a weekend in the pouring rain
umuguryh.jpg
huhamupe.jpg

2000wa250

Reaction score
No creeper needed here. Studs took about 10 hours. Job took about 14 once you figure in beer breaks, and some stupid mistakes at the end putting everything back together

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
No creeper needed here. Studs took about 10 hours. Job took about 14 once you figure in beer breaks, and some stupid mistakes at the end putting everything back together

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Same here Palmer

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online