Finished my manifold::

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
It does, but the issue with that converted manifold is the 6.4 inlet is canted forward and lower vs the 6.0 is upright and higher. Thats not going to mate up without a new intercooler pipe and some fan shroud trimming. Also that epoxy is known to crack.

I didn't use any epoxy, it's all welded.

Manifold looks nice. smart to cut the mani the way you did, wish I did it that way.

Thanks, I'm happy with it, so far, as long as it works on the truck.

Yeah the 6.4 manifolds dont. Its easier to port a 6.4 manifold which is why a lot of people ask. But you would need to have custom piping/flanges made and weld on the alternator bracket, not really worth it, depends on the setup . This manifold looks nice though.

Thanks, I will be making a custom pipe from intercooler to intake. I will also be running a electric fan which will open the front area of engine more.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

Oh, ok. No it's not epoxy, I filled all voids with weld, was a pain to do. There isn't any expoy use at all if you look close at the pictures of inside of neck when it was completed you will notice a line. That's the cut line, I couldn't fill it since I used a tig, too hard to get tig in the hole and rod. Considering filling all the voids, I didn't think it would hurt flow too much. That was th only place I was thinking about using epoxy, but the chance of having it break off do to not having enough area to adhere, I decided not to.

Latest posts

Members online