First 6.4 looking for some advice

nickg9785

Reaction score
Hey guys well I got a 2008 ccsb 6.4 a few weeks back, I'm switching sides from running cummins the past few years, and can't wait to get started on this. Currently the truck is stock, I purchased a 4in afe exhaust and spartan tuner. I'm going to be ordering a intake and egr delete soon also before I install everything. Now right now all I plan to do is delete the truck and run it like that until funds let me do more to it. My question is is there anything else you guys reccomend I do right away to the truck? And also I plan on down the road studding it and possibly a set of injectors either a decent single or upgrading the atmosphere turbo. Which I would have to switch to a sct. Should I try to offload my spartan now and get a sct but then I would need a exhaust with bungs correct? Or is tuning going to be available for the spartan. Just trying to get all my stuff together. Thanks guys

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Oh trust me I know all about wanting more, I got rid of a 97 12v that made north of 700 to the wheels

I'd have kept the 12v lol. It'll last u 500,000 miles and not need 100 different sensors to stay running. Lol

Considering mine still isn't running right. Lol

Reaction score
I'd have kept the 12v lol. It'll last u 500,000 miles and not need 100 different sensors to stay running. Lol

Considering mine still isn't running right. Lol

That's really a perpetuated myth. I'd be surprised if any 700hp truck would make it 150k without major issues. Only reason most 12v lasted as long as they did is because they didn't make enough power to hurt themselves. Same with the 7.3 for that matter.

To the op, if there's anything you need or would like to discuss feel free to give us a call. And enjoy your new truck, I'm sure it is light years ahead in comfort compared to driving a 12v.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
That's really a perpetuated myth. I'd be surprised if any 700hp truck would make it 150k without major issues. Only reason most 12v lasted as long as they did is because they didn't make enough power to hurt themselves. Same with the 7.3 for that matter.

To the op, if there's anything you need or would like to discuss feel free to give us a call. And enjoy your new truck, I'm sure it is light years ahead in comfort compared to driving a 12v.

I was joking about it Morgan. I love my 6.4. I'd love it only more if I could figure out what's causing it to "not" run like it should.

To the OP. Welcome to the 6.4 frenzy. You will not think twice about your move to the blue oval group.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Hey guys well I got a 2008 ccsb 6.4 a few weeks back, I'm switching sides from running cummins the past few years, and can't wait to get started on this. Currently the truck is stock, I purchased a 4in afe exhaust and spartan tuner. I'm going to be ordering a intake and egr delete soon also before I install everything. Now right now all I plan to do is delete the truck and run it like that until funds let me do more to it. My question is is there anything else you guys reccomend I do right away to the truck? And also I plan on down the road studding it and possibly a set of injectors either a decent single or upgrading the atmosphere turbo. Which I would have to switch to a sct. Should I try to offload my spartan now and get a sct but then I would need a exhaust with bungs correct? Or is tuning going to be available for the spartan. Just trying to get all my stuff together. Thanks guys

Depends on your goals....is it a DD, comp truck, something in between?

Badland

Reaction score
Iam running a 76mm atmo on stock fuel with a H&S mini maxx (had a spartan but hated the shifting and there is no custom tunes available like there is on the mini maxx)

My truck is just a weekend warrior also and it's fun as hell with the 76!!!

I also recommend getting No Limit intake and cold and hot side pipes deff worth the money and will put you one step closer to more HP when you wanna go bigger turbos in the future

And you don't need to weld anything the tuners monitor everything from the ECM so there plug and play

Good luck and welcome to the Army

nickg9785

Reaction score
Ok great thanks guys, I'm going to be putting my exhaust on and spartan today after work. Can I get a no limits intake for the stock atom charger? I'd like to spend a little extra and only have to buy one once

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Ok great thanks guys, I'm going to be putting my exhaust on and spartan today after work. Can I get a no limits intake for the stock atom charger? I'd like to spend a little extra and only have to buy one once

Yes, it includes an adapter to fit the stock atmo.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Sure can , the intake I ship works all the way up to a 4" inlet turbo so it will be the last intake you ever need. Hit me up when you're ready.

Latest posts

Members online