First build

itsallinthestroke

Reaction score
I have a 96 F250 that is getting a make over. I have a ts chip, tymar, and 5 IN exhaust down pipe back. Im looking at a first step towards a 400hp daily driver. I plan on doing it in small steps. I was thinking about a set of baby swamps with a d66 turbo but I'm not sure of the requirement on the HPOP and fuel system. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks in advance

davey99ps

Reaction score
Baby swamps are good, or a stage 2 from Full Force or unlimited. For hpop, either a stealth srp1.1 or a T-500 from terminator. D66 would be a great charger for you, but I'm gonna be testing an upgrade from Barder turbo service that upgrades your stock charger to a 66mm billet wheel an a few other things for a really fair price. Staying in the 400-500hp level keeps the truck fun, still reliable, an doesn't take a small fortune to accomplish.

mandkole

Reaction score
Keep reading the search threads and the library. X2--You will need trans or clutch upgrades to go to 400hp. I upgrade as I need to fix stuff ...Even 300 will make you feel like youre doing something.

itsallinthestroke

Reaction score
I've got glowshift gauges that are dropping like flies so I am looking at changing them to isspro gauges and adding a fuel pressure gauge. Right now I only have the typical 3. I have a Jasper trans. It was put it just before I bought the truck but the previous owner said that it was the "pulling" trans. I have done some research and found that it is one of the heaviest that Jasper makes. Eventually I would like to put an ATS or suncoast in it.

OBS F350

Reaction score
I've got glowshift gauges that are dropping like flies so I am looking at changing them to isspro gauges and adding a fuel pressure gauge. Right now I only have the typical 3. I have a Jasper trans. It was put it just before I bought the truck but the previous owner said that it was the "pulling" trans. I have done some research and found that it is one of the heaviest that Jasper makes. Eventually I would like to put an ATS or suncoast in it.

Get a BTS, don't waste your time with ATS.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score

BTS for the trans

As for the gauges and everything else, feel free to shoot me a pm if ya want some prices.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend ats for a trans even to someone I hate. BTS, John Wood, Twisted, all are good choices. If yours is in good shape you can get by for awhile (depending on your driving habits) with an upgraded converter from P.I or something similar and an upgraded valve body from BTS or John Wood.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.