First cross country trip in my truck. Which tune?

derrick36

Reaction score
Been running Spartan's 275 on my 08 250 ever since they made it free. What I'm concerned with is that I'll be hauling a bit of stuff on my trip from New Orleans from Seattle.

Everything in the bed should weigh around 1500-1700lbs at the most. I'm not towing anything.

Should I stick with the 275 or drop down to the 210/tow? Do I still have cruise with the 275? Lord knows that I want to drive as fast as I can through the most boring parts of this country(TX, OK, KS, WY, CO, ID). If I don't have it-it's not too big of a deal. It just makes things easier.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I havnt run the 275 in a while so I cant remember if it has cruise but im 90% sure it does. youll be fine running the 275..over a long trip like that the 275 is gonna save you some cash over the 210 tow which I find to get not much better mileage then stock.

BFT

Reaction score
cruise control helps out a lot IMO. you should be fine with the 275, i cant remember if it has CC or not? you will get better mileage out of the 275 vs the 210TP

edit-beat me to it

derrick36

Reaction score
Awesome.

I was really hoping to make the trip empty to see what the 275 would do MPG-wise but we couldn't fit everything in the Penske truck.

I'm glad hear about CC. It's really a pain to drive that far without it.

Thanks everyone!!!

derrick36

Reaction score
I'm not studded nor have I removed the EGR. Does that change anyone's answer? I probably should've mentioned that in the first post.

Sorry.

BFT

Reaction score
the 310 tune doent have it, at least mine doesnt have it. not too sure about the 275 but i think it has it.

David S.

Reaction score
:whs: the general rule of thumb is the bigger the tune the better the mileage

derrick36

Reaction score
I get the bigger the tune the better the mpg part. I just wasn't sure how "safe" it was with weight in the bed.

Thanks you guys!

BFD99

Reaction score
Hey now, I'm from Oklahoma and live there, but i'm working in SE Ohio, Cambridge to be exact. I CANNOT wait to get back to Oklahoma, this place sucks big time!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Members online