flush question

oilburner

Reaction score
how should i flush/clean my cooling system with a blown egr and a plugged oil cooler? i plan on installing a coolant filter this time. i want to do a chemical flush. getting together everything i need to do that. i want to get it clean enough to drink (if it wasnt antifreeze, haha) im deleting the egr cooler and puttting in a new hi flow oil cooler. dont want to mess the new one up. help!

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I flushed the block , then the radiator , heater core , overflow tank and all the hoses out with a water hose .

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well what good is flushing this going to do if your EGR cooler is blown? I'd say fix that before you do anything. I'd also just rebuild the oil cooler, it seems everyone who tries to flush it out to fix it says it's only a temporary fix and the temps go right back out of whack again in a short time.

weazel

Reaction score
Well what good is flushing this going to do if your EGR cooler is blown? I'd say fix that before you do anything. I'd also just rebuild the oil cooler, it seems everyone who tries to flush it out to fix it says it's only a temporary fix and the temps go right back out of whack again in a short time.

What he said, why half a$$ it?

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I thought his question was how to flush it with plugged cooler so he could put the new ones on and not plug them up .

03international

Reaction score
i had studs and new oil cooler done less then a year ago by Marty and my oil cooler is already shot my EOT and ECT is already anywhere from 20 to 34* apart. Marty flushed it with distilled water and replaced with CAT coolant. just talked to him yesterday and hes going to try to get me a new cooler under warranty. guess i should have put a coolant filter on it when he said:cursing::doh:

oilburner

Reaction score
yeah florida got it. ones i got are plugged and already got the egr delete kit. i want to clean everything out so as to not plug the new one up. also how much is the oil cooler rebuilt kit? diesel power had a write up on rebuilt awhile ago, but the prices they had listed for the kit were more than just putting in a new one.

Mdub707

Reaction score
250-275 new. Comes with the updated hpop screen too. I got mine through Tousley Ford online at the time. Try the site sponsor, Sunrise Ford.

Latest posts

Members online