For those of you who Tow...trailer TPMS?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
7000# seems better. Crawl under and look should be a sticker on the axle. Either way 3500 per tire which is what the police will look at if you get pulled over.
Some manufacturers claim different. Some include the pin weight on the gross and some dont.
235/85/16 tires run the Good Years G614's or the Michelin Ribs. They are expensive but if you are running trailer tires and have not had a bubble, separation or flat then you are of the few and should play the lottery.
With your wheels which the sticker says can go to 110 psi I would run the above.
I would run the same but I can not fit a 235/85/16 on my trailer, I had 235/80/16 originally which is a trailer only tire. I run a 245/75/16 LT now.
I was going through trailer tires before switching to LT tires about every 8months. Warranty covered some but still seeing a bubble 3 hours minimum from home and the warranty doesnt sit will with me or having the side of the trailer ripped off because of a separation.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Who knows. The tread was fine. I do go a lot though. Oct I was in the trailer some place 4 weekends in a row. ST tires are junk. All are made overseas.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Reaction score
You really paid $300/tire for trailer tires?

I've got a lead foot and always running from job site to job site. It's worth the piece of mind and security to me. I've got 4 plus spare. Go to a tire place and look at these tires they're nothing like a normal LT/ST tire. they are built like a Semi-truck tire.

dangerous1

Reaction score
Carlisle makes a 12 ply tire thats good for 3900# . And gladiator makes a 14 ply (make sure you get the steel belted one) that will hold anything that you throw at it. I ran both with good results and high mileage.

Running hot shot I had a lot more weight and zero issues with them.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I bumped up a size in tires and got some 16 ply truck tires on my camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online