Ford dipsticks full of Sh*t??

6fodays

Reaction score
Okay, anyone else ever have problems reading their dip sticks? Mine never seems to read right. Even fresh after an oil change. It will read low so ill pour some oil in and then it will read way over full after a drive. And ill have leaks and it will never ever go down on the stick. Im not getting anything else in the oil. Just curios to see why they don't read right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt dong

Reaction score
15 qts. Never had any level probs. How lonh do you wait after starting and stopping engine before you measure?

6fodays

Reaction score
15 qts. Never had any level probs. How lonh do you wait after starting and stopping engine before you measure?

Literally i check it all the time. Even parked for days. I just feel like the dipsticks dont read worth a ****

sootie

Reaction score
Literally i check it all the time. Even parked for days. I just feel like the dipsticks dont read worth a ****

just measure 14.2 quarts when you are filling, and forget about for a few hundred miles until its black then you can see it.

6.4f350

Reaction score
One problem is the stick goes down into the very back of the pan so it will read low or high even on a slight decline/incline. Just put 15 quarts in and let it go. Check it every now and then to make sure there's close to enough in it if you want.

silver6four

Reaction score
I couldnt agree more!!!! the gd thing is useless for the most part if you ask me.. other than confirming that the motor actually does have oil in it.

ckrueg

Reaction score
This is kinda related but I've noticed when I sit KOEO my oil light will come on. I checked my oil and it showed full on the dipstick and I've even had the light come on immediately after an oil change where I put in 15 qts. I have no leaks and no oil smoke that I can see and It doesn't use oil in between changes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6.4f350

Reaction score
This is kinda related but I've noticed when I sit KOEO my oil light will come on. I checked my oil and it showed full on the dipstick and I've even had the light come on immediately after an oil change where I put in 15 qts. I have no leaks and no oil smoke that I can see and It doesn't use oil in between changes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Of course the light comes on when the engine is off... There's no oil pressure

Latest posts

Members online