Ford to counter the 2013 Ram

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
For your average person most don't tow 30,000lbs, my guess is that dodge's tranny will be grenaded when put under multiple heavy loads.

Why would you buy a dodge when you can buy a Toyota tundra that can pull the space shuttle? Way more money savings! Lol

Sig material my friend!!
LOL

oneturboforme

Reaction score
For your average person most don't tow 30,000lbs, my guess is that dodge's tranny will be grenaded when put under multiple heavy loads.

Why would you buy a dodge when you can buy a Toyota tundra that can pull the space shuttle? Way more money savings! Lol

thats fn awesome lol :bowfast:

I might be bias because i own a ford, but litterally ever time i tow with a dodge or chevy either it A breaks down (had 4 duramaxs leave me stranded) or they wont pull at the speed limit without the temps going up resulting in dropping a gear and going slower... maybe im just hard on my crap but my old 6.4 never carred what was behind it or how fast i was going, sure it had it little issues but it never left me anywhere besides when it was my fault....

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
the gcwr of the ram 3500 is 37,600 lbs, and max towing is 30,000lbs. beats ford f350 by 7,600lbs on gcwr and max towing by 6,900lbs....

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think Ford under rates their tucks because they know people will push them way past the stated limits. I have had 26.5K behind my SRW 350 before and it did just fine, it was only about 40 miles though.

VanoFord

Reaction score
I think Ford under rates their tucks because they know people will push them way past the stated limits. I have had 26.5K behind my SRW 350 before and it did just fine, it was only about 40 miles though.

I believe this 100%. I worked my .5T well past her limits and she wasn't beat or sagging & still ran like a raped ape. Ford knows their owners push the limits repeatedly.

TERRCO

Reaction score
How do they suggest someone stop 37,500lbs let alone 30,000lbs? A parachute? I feel ok in a 750 with 33,000lbs behind me but I don't see myself feeling very confident in a 350 with that much weight.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Exactly! ****, my buddy Tim Marks just pulled a 25k lb john deere tractor with his 350hp twelve valve on a gn flatbed. How much was that load? Had to be pushing 40k. It was working pretty damn hard but he did it. I thought he was nuts but I followed him the last 5 miles and he was getting it. I was quite impressed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
How do they suggest someone stop 37,500lbs let alone 30,000lbs? A parachute? I feel ok in a 750 with 33,000lbs behind me but I don't see myself feeling very confident in a 350 with that much weight.

I would think the trailers brakes.would have a lot to do with it. Not being a smarta$$ either. If the trailer brakes go, you're gonna be in trouble.

white07psd

Reaction score
Alot of people think that 30,000 isnt much, try pulling a 20k pound excavator on a 10 ton tag along trailer with a tandem dump truck, you'll know its back there....

sent from the stool.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Alot of people think that 30,000 isnt much, try pulling a 20k pound excavator on a 10 ton tag along trailer with a tandem dump truck, you'll know its back there....

sent from the stool.

30k lb is a lot of.friggin weight. My old gn, skiddy, and equipment trailer was 15k and it was a decent load. Ha ha.

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
Well for the money you spend on a new pickup, 50k-60k? you could buy prob 2 or 3 decent semis and not have the wear and tear on your very expensive pickup, plus they are meant to handle those kinds of loads and probably get the same fuel milage! I hauled 17 1100# hay bales on a 38ft trailer (pic in avatar) 400 miles. Tipped the scales at 31K. 5MPG! Not leagal! Not safe! going to hire out trucker or get a truck! But its what i had at the time and made it work. Makes me appreciate my 7.3!

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Even though Dodge increased their tow rating they're still using the 4:10 gearing IIRC. Sure great low end power for getting that load moving but that tranny is taking a beating on the top end. Not to mention increasing that tow capacity forced them to beef up tranny internals which doesn't make for pleasent shiffting for the average consumer. As stated above I dnt believe that many consumers base their choice of their new one ton on that number.

how does a shorter gear ratio cause the transmission to take a beating on the top end? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online