Ford won't lower TPMS threshold

mwdguy

Reaction score
Went to Ford yesterday for warranty work for leaky window and thought it would be a good time to get rid of the "Low Tire Pressure Warning". They said Ford was no longer doing it for Liability Issues. Argued with service manager that it was bulls*** because it is no safer if my max pressure is 50 psi and I get no warning when my tire goes flat.

Also why does Ford not allow us to see pressures in each tire like the Chev's?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Dodges allow you to see the individual tire pressures too. My business partner has a 2014 Dodge and the configurability and flexibility of the digital dash in that truck BLOWS AWAY what I can do/see in my 2014 Ford. Sad.

JMart

Reaction score
It's a software thing. When we hooked up my Kenwood stereo it could see each tire pressure and where it is. Ford just didn't give us the interface to see it.

I didn't asy who used what. I just said there are different sensors and listed some of the types.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dodges allow you to see the individual tire pressures too. My business partner has a 2014 Dodge and the configurability and flexibility of the digital dash in that truck BLOWS AWAY what I can do/see in my 2014 Ford. Sad.

does your truck have the good dash?

Buck1

Reaction score
Xls and base Xlts have different instrument clusters than xlt premiums and Lariats. LCD display versus the cheaper whatever it is called display (think 08-10 cluster).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online