Found Joe's IPR problem.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
IIRC, Bob's IPR's are "rebuilt" ipr's as well, not new.

Unless he gives you a choice.

I'm with golfer on this one.

Don't just start throwing out blame on Hpop's either.
If something got into the Hpop from elsewhere in the motor, its the Hpops fault then?

If you got a knock in the motor, that must be the hpop right?

just sayin.

Seriously?

Other then at start up oil going to the HPO Res is filtered by the oil filter first, so anything coming from elsewhere would be filtered out...

Duty cycles up, HPOP is down... Anything coming out of the HPOP comes out of the IPR or injectors so tell me what else would be plugging the IPR...

Your hate for Bob is quite strong, and you dont hide it well, its just like your baseless bashing of Beans Diesel that got you slammed on FTE... My offer to pay your fuel there still stands, but we all know your never going to do it.

Talyn

Reaction score
Seriously?

Other then at start up oil going to the HPO Res is filtered by the oil filter first, so anything coming from elsewhere would be filtered out...

Duty cycles up, HPOP is down... Anything coming out of the HPOP comes out of the IPR or injectors so tell me what else would be plugging the IPR...

Your hate for Bob is quite strong, and you dont hide it well, its just like your baseless bashing of Beans Diesel that got you slammed on FTE... My offer to pay your fuel there still stands, but we all know your never going to do it.

Bringing that up, Neal was 70+ hp off from beans dyno.
But somebody else there from diesel world dynoed the same on beans as they did on the dynojet.
So.

Moving along.

I was making a statement that said if there are hpop issues, something else could be causing them.

golfer

Reaction score
Hey Joe...I'm going to ship you a NEW FORD unopened, unused, un cleaned LOL... IPR...

for 'testing' purposes only... ;)

email me your ship to address...and that way we can rule out (what I feel is) the obvious...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hey Joe...I'm going to ship you a NEW FORD unopened, unused, un cleaned LOL... IPR...

email me your ship to address...and that way we can rule out (what I feel is) the obvious...

Dave that's quite an offer, do you think its the IPR? I changed to a different one and it still did it, again this morning, like ya turn the damn key off.

I do have removing, disassembling and reinstalling down to 12 minutes right now!:D

golfer

Reaction score
Joe...rebuilt IPR's are not reliable.

period.

I could be waaay wrong...

but I attribute this scenario...to like the guys that call up wanting tons and tons of phone tech advice...saying it "can't be the IDM" (having had multiples from AutoComputerExchnage< LOL)...or it CAN'T be the injector...since "pensacola diesel" sent him soooo many replacements, LMAO...

you need to put something KNOWN NEW in there...

that's why *I'm* risking you chitting one of my IPRs...cause I think that's what it is.

if not...so be it.

if so...maybe MFrs will quit wasting their time "cleaning" IPRs, ;)

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe...rebuilt IPR's are not reliable.

period.

I could be waaay wrong...

but I attribute this scenario...to like the guys that call up wanting tons and tons of phone tech advice...saying it "can't be the IDM" (having had multiples from AutoComputerExchnage< LOL)...or it CAN'T be the injector...since "pensacola diesel" sent him soooo many replacements, LMAO...

you need to put something KNOWN NEW in there...

that's why *I'm* risking you chitting one of my IPRs...cause I think that's what it is.

if not...so be it.

if so...maybe MFrs will quit wasting their time "cleaning" IPRs, ;)

LOL... Well right now cleaning the damn thing is keeping me from walking...:fustrate:

That being said it happens pretty regularly every 200-250 miles. Which seems strange as well...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Happened again tonight on the way back to the trailer... I have to head back to town tonight so we will see...

So twice today within about 50 miles.

I can not figure this out...

Truck dies, glide to the side of the road, crank and you get about 250-300psi... 60% duty cycle...

Pull the IPR, take it apart and clean, I plunge the top section until NOTHING but brake clean comes out, put it all back together and reinstall and it fires RIGHT back up....................

Getting sick of burning the piss out of my hands!

Tom S

Reaction score

Cool Offer!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Did it again last night on the way in... Only difference was this time I cranked it as I always do and it fired back up after a second, so I took off. It tried to die a time or two and then drove to work. Left at 3am and it made it back to the trailer.

Have to go to Denver today so it should be interesting.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
next time this happens, disconnect the icp sensor... Sorry man sounds like a biased one to me... would also explain different than normal readings you have been having....it will default and throw a check engine light but I would bet it will fire right up.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
next time this happens, disconnect the icp sensor... Sorry man sounds like a biased one to me... would also explain different than normal readings you have been having....it will default and throw a check engine light but I would bet it will fire right up.

I'll try it, but what would cleaning the IPR have to do with fixing an ICP sensor issue? Just asking. I did unplug it this weekend to check for oil in it and there was none.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Have you replaced the sensor part of the ipr? I had 1 once that would stall and would fire up after it cooled off. As soon as it stalled I pulled the sensor off the ipr and checked with ohm meter. I watched the resistance drop as I held it in my hand! Replaced sensor only and its been on the road ever since! It could be cooling off while you are cleaning it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Gordon mention that to me today... I cant recall if I used the old one or the other when I broke the other IPR... If it does it today I will try that before pulling it.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Have you replaced the sensor part of the ipr? I had 1 once that would stall and would fire up after it cooled off. As soon as it stalled I pulled the sensor off the ipr and checked with ohm meter. I watched the resistance drop as I held it in my hand! Replaced sensor only and its been on the road ever since! It could be cooling off while you are cleaning it.

Thats not a sensor, it's an electromagnet.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL... I knew what you were talking about.

Made it to down town Denver without issue today... One little studder right outside of Penrose but nothing since.

Sucks to drive around looking for a place to pull off.

Latest posts

Members online