Fox 2.0 shocks?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Cool Thx. How do they ride compared to the 2.0's perf/factory. Trying to decide if i need the adjustables in the front.

The ride between a 2.0 and 2.5 is night and day. The 2.5 handles the weight of these trucks much better, offering added stability and control.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Cool thats what i figured i felt the 2.0 perf shox rode nice but were floaty at speed. I drive the truck like its a vette. My pure perf 2.625 shocks handle amazingly and are perfect on the hwy. but are a lttle stiff driving rough city roads. Looking for the perfect comprimise. I should probibly spend the $200 on the adjusters

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
FWIW I'm running the 2.5 Fox DSC Resi's on all 4 corners and absolutely love them. I've driven in all sorts of conditions with them, from the hi-way to some nasty frozen goat trails out west. I've only had them on for a few thousand miles but I can say with confidence that these shocks smooth out everything I've thrown at them so far. The adjustability allows these shocks to preform the way you want them to in any road condition, not some generic out of the box oem setting. Quality is next level, these things are art. I felt somewhat guilty bolting them under my truck lol I actually 3M wrapped them to add some protection to both the body and resi.
I haven't had a chance to tow yet. I can't wait to load up my toys and hook to my trailer this summer, being able to adjust the rears for added weight is something I'm sure a lot of members here value, after all these are trucks designed for towing. I'm hoping these will help control the weight and should as far as I can tell.
As far as a comparison, I wish I had something to compare these to as my old bilensteins were junk and disliked the ride from new.
JMO but if you value ride quality and can handle the price I wouldn't hesitate in calling Chris, dude knows his stuff and is great to deal with.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
FWIW I'm running the 2.5 Fox DSC Resi's on all 4 corners and absolutely love them. I've driven in all sorts of conditions with them, from the hi-way to some nasty frozen goat trails out west. I've only had them on for a few thousand miles but I can say with confidence that these shocks smooth out everything I've thrown at them so far. The adjustability allows these shocks to preform the way you want them to in any road condition, not some generic out of the box oem setting. Quality is next level, these things are art. I felt somewhat guilty bolting them under my truck lol I actually 3M wrapped them to add some protection to both the body and resi.
I haven't had a chance to tow yet. I can't wait to load up my toys and hook to my trailer this summer, being able to adjust the rears for added weight is something I'm sure a lot of members here value, after all these are trucks designed for towing. I'm hoping these will help control the weight and should as far as I can tell.
As far as a comparison, I wish I had something to compare these to as my old bilensteins were junk and disliked the ride from new.
JMO but if you value ride quality and can handle the price I wouldn't hesitate in calling Chris, dude knows his stuff and is great to deal with.

Glad you like EM! Hearing you say you are that happy with them makes it worth it for me!

I know I'm sold on mine, and will only be running these from now on. Actually just ordered a set for my FJ.
Thanks for the words :ford:

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Glad you like EM! Hearing you say you are that happy with them makes it worth it for me!

I know I'm sold on mine, and will only be running these from now on. Actually just ordered a set for my FJ.
Thanks for the words :ford:

No problem buddy, Ive been meaning to post up on these beauties. I agree, these shocks are all I'll ever run anymore. Your service was just the icing on the cake!! :D Cheers!

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Cool thats what i figured i felt the 2.0 perf shox rode nice but were floaty at speed. I drive the truck like its a vette. My pure perf 2.625 shocks handle amazingly and are perfect on the hwy. but are a lttle stiff driving rough city roads. Looking for the perfect comprimise. I should probibly spend the $200 on the adjusters

Get the inspection ticket taken care of LOL? I'll send my number, meant to the other day.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
What are these selling for? I have a wholesale account to order from and I'm still seeing astronomical prices.

11911.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
As far as i can tell those are the rears. The rears are piggyback. The fronts are remote resiviors. Both sets are 800-900 for the front or rear pair, so 400-450ea

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Thats about what I'm seeing at wholesale. Very little markup showing for jobber or retail pricing.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just when i'm about to get 2.0 res for the front & 2.0 ifp for the rear to go with my dual fox 2.0 steering stabilizers @ $750 (fr /r,stabilizers not included) ,i see this & wonder crap is it worth the extra $1250 as i would like to get it right the 1st time,sure sounds like it could be. :-/

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I think it is. I have 2.625 shocks from another manufacture and they provide a next level in handling and control. ive tried a few 2.0 shock, fox, bilstein , stock, monroe. I think the larger size for 2.5 shocks is necessary for the weight of our trucks and if you drive anyway besides the speed limit.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thx,i just looked the 2.5's up with the adj for my application & ouch $2400,remote res fr & piggybacks for the rears.

Latest posts

Members online