Fox steering stabilizer (factory location)

C2tuck

Reaction score
I just changed the tires on my work truck. Originally went with the cooper M/T's, got on the highway and turned around ant took it back. Felt like I was pulling my camper without a weight distributing hitch. I was all over the road...they said it's "normal". I politely told them they can take their "normal" tires the *** off! All they had were KO2's. Mych better, but I really wanted the grapplers. But it's getting bilstien 5100 shocks and stabilizer when I get home. They would $hit if I fox'd this truck out...lol

Jomax

Reaction score
What you gonna do suspension wise? Still be able to tow ok?

4800 lbs springs up front and ****** the block in the back. Tow capacity will stay the same. The nitto 420s are rated for 3000lbs each. Should be strong enough.

I could really use the 2in. The places I work at are all in parking garages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian22

Reaction score
4800 lbs springs up front and ****** the block in the back. Tow capacity will stay the same. The nitto 420s are rated for 3000lbs each. Should be strong enough.

Have you looked into the exo grapplers? We started carrying them last year and I have heard good feedback on them.

Jomax

Reaction score
Have you looked into the exo grapplers? We started carrying them last year and I have heard good feedback on them.

I kinda like the 130mph rating in the nitto 420s. Plus the truck is a street queen now.

sootie

Reaction score

Gonna be nose high fyi

Gonna be sitting like Mikey's truck?

His is lower than that.

Jomax

Reaction score
Hmm, need to ask Mike again. He told me he was on 4800lbs front springs for his white truck.

You're right, Mikey has 4400lb springs. I'll be going with those.

JRLott

Reaction score
I think duals would be overkill in that scenario. Most of the feel you are getting is due to the tires. I have the same size trail grapplers on mine and I won't make that mistake again.

Do the ridge grapplers do this as well, or have you heard? Was thinking them or the Cooper STT Pro in 295/65R20, but really don't need a tire that aggressive.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do the ridge grapplers do this as well, or have you heard? Was thinking them or the Cooper STT Pro in 295/65R20, but really don't need a tire that aggressive.
my superintendent just put the ridge grapplers on his 2500 doodge and they ride wonderful and are quiet..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Thanks, linc. It's rollin right along on the rails...not even the very fine Fox stabilizer can fix tire wondering.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks, linc. It's rollin right along on the rails...not even the very fine Fox stabilizer can fix tire wondering.

Im kinda done with Mud terrain tires.. I love the stock Michelins I got on my truck now. The toyo Proxes I'm getting next should be even nicer. Trucks a pavement queen. I'd rather have better drivability then looks.

RyanD

Reaction score
Just a follow up - I installed the Fox yesterday and noticed a big improvement over the stock - of course, not sure how much was the mental joy of a new part or how bad the stock one was trash.

Seemed to soak up lateral movement better, steering felt a little stiffer. I'd say worth the $180. However, it has a slight left pull now, and I had seen warnings against gas charged stabilizers - I am wondering if letting a little gas out will help that?

Jomax

Reaction score
Just a follow up - I installed the Fox yesterday and noticed a big improvement over the stock - of course, not sure how much was the mental joy of a new part or how bad the stock one was trash.

Seemed to soak up lateral movement better, steering felt a little stiffer. I'd say worth the $180. However, it has a slight left pull now, and I had seen warnings against gas charged stabilizers - I am wondering if letting a little gas out will help that?

I have zero left pull. What brand tires are you running?