Frankenstein.

imelmo

Reaction score
Finally got the 4th Platinum wheel in and I got say with the new taller and wider Nitto 420s it looks soooo much better

truckside_zpsc187faae.jpg

I like how it still has a rake to it. Looks awesome.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
That truck is awesome! I hope to have one similar very soon ;)
Btw, I love that ruby red color, I think it would look sick, especially with the platinum wheels!

Yea there was a red platinum F350 DRW with 24" American Force that was just sick, turned every one's heads......only thing that might be an issue will be the door jams if they dont do it right and engine compartment.......not to mention trying to locate a platinum tailgate

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Yea there was a red platinum F350 DRW with 24" American Force that was just sick, turned every one's heads......only thing that might be an issue will be the door jams if they dont do it right and engine compartment.......not to mention trying to locate a platinum tailgate

I wonder if you could just find a 11-13 tail gate and add the platinum "bar" to it. Personally I'm not a fan of the platinum tailgates, the only one I've seen that I like so far the "bar" was painted so it didn't stand out as bad.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I wonder if you could just find a 11-13 tail gate and add the platinum "bar" to it. Personally I'm not a fan of the platinum tailgates, the only one I've seen that I like so far the "bar" was painted so it didn't stand out as bad.

That's actually not a bad idea.....not to mention WAY cheaper I'm sure

JMart

Reaction score
That's actually not a bad idea.....not to mention WAY cheaper I'm sure

The plate is tabbed on there but I am sure you could modify it to work. I think Inmotionjosh was working on an alternative to the platy bar at one point.

JMart

Reaction score
I did? I don't remember the answer if I got one lol.

I think it has to do with the way the hangar kit repositions the spring perch when the truck is lowered. You can see it in this truck which is still a long bed. So its not the frame cutting causing it.
used-1999-ford-f350_super_duty-x-6.jpg

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
The plate is tabbed on there but I am sure you could modify it to work. I think Inmotionjosh was working on an alternative to the platy bar at one point.

I'll hit him up......

Julian ive been meaning to ask. why does the rear axle look more forward than center?

I think it has to do with the way the hangar kit repositions the spring perch when the truck is lowered. You can see it in this truck which is still a long bed. So its not the frame cutting causing it.
used-1999-ford-f350_super_duty-x-6.jpg

Jason pretty much hit it on the head, it has to do with the hangers and the geometry with the way the suspension travels, pretty much in a half circle as it cycles, if it was stock height it would be perfectly center....

Here is a generic example, of the suspension at full droop instead of full compression, notice how the rear tire is way forward

0601or_08_z+chevy_trophy_truck_pushed_to_the_limit+mobbin.jpg

Latest posts

Members online