From manual to auto. Who's done it?

96F350KID

Reaction score
I picked up a auto 97 250 auto and I'm gonna convert my dually to auto. I know most of you are going to ask why. Please don't ask lol My question is i'm looking at the dash wiring of the two trucks and the only difference seems to be the engine side of the harness. The cab of my dually has all the connectors for auto in it! I pulled the colum of course and most of the connectors match. Let me know if anyone has any input.

smoker00

Reaction score
When we do it I\we use a PCS... i know that didn't. Anser your ? But i love the PCS. In my buddy's fummins. That i tune..

old man dave

Reaction score
You have to have the auto trans harness to mate to the auto TRS and the solenoid pack, make the wiring change to the clutch (install the jumpers) and have the Federal auto pcm. The auto trans harness just plugs in replacing the manual trans harness down near the transmission. The engine harnesses are the same.

If you have a California truck, the auto pcm is simply not availiable unless you have a donor truck or rewire the truck to use the Federal pcm

You also need the little cable linkage from the column to the instrument cluster for the shift quadrant. The stick cluster has a blank off plate where the shift quadrant is. Don't remember if the actual quadrant is in there though since my buddy went from auto to stick and got the stick cluster.

Last edited:

96F350KID

Reaction score
Ive got everything else and searching in the wiring diags it looks like ill just need the engine side. I already pulled all the rest of the components to go with it. TDE01 pcm too

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
done auto to manual and back to auto in mine all you need is the harness for the trans and the pcm its plug and play you dont even need to swap columns the shifter assembly will bolt to to the column you have tcase swaps between the two crossmember and shafts dont

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.