Front end bushings

ricg

Reaction score
Well its time. Within the last few days i have a few small wobbles in the front end, until yesterday when i thought i was about to flip the truck over due to death wobble. I have been searching over and over on the internet and the forum for some answers and just decided to ask a few questions myself.. I have a 2008 f250 with a DR 4.5" lift on some35x12.5 MTs. Me and an another gu from the forum looked under the truck last light to check the track bar (since thats where people said to look first) and notice that i do have an adjustable track bar and looks to be like a drop bracket (i think). i laid under the truck while he turned the stearing wheel and from what i could see was the WHOLE front end bushing were moving quite a bit. Now my question is with me having an adjustable track bar already can i buy ball joints and bushings for it and if so whoud they be the same as stock? Also do they make a complete front end bushing and ball joint kit for these trucks? and lastly what brand is good to buy to where i wont regret it?

Thanks in advance
Rick

Smokyred

Reaction score
Most likely it came as part of your lift kit, you'll have to get ahold of DR then to see about rebuilding or replacing the track bar.

Trevor@PMF (NotStock) seems to make some good ones, that is who I plan to get one from. Several other vendors can also get you one.

Dave

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Not sure about the bushing on the track bar but if you need the ball joint on the axle side you can buy it for less then 40 bucks on rock auto.com. It's just a pain to remove. A good c-clamp ball joint press makes life a lot easier. Goodluck

ricg

Reaction score
well i called icon and looks like im going to have to buy the updated joint for the track bar and will be buying the ball joint for the other side. also along with that will be all and ball joints and bushings for the drag like and a sterring stab.

Thanks guys

713Diesel

Reaction score
Depending on how much extra you will have to pay for shipping if you end up needing the rest of the components I would just start with the track bar joint. IMO this is usually the issue. I see that you think the other items are getting worn out also but you might be able to get a few more miles out of it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.