Front end clunk

marserdesigns

Reaction score
I have about 6k miles on my 2.5" Carli leveling kit with Bilstien 5100's. I have 35" tires not that that matters?

I have a high pitch squeak when the suspension compresses and rebounds, I've sprayed silicon lube on the Carli adjustable track bar...still have the squeak. I've came to live with it.

But recently in the last few days now I have a clunk on the drivers side and can hear it as well as feel it in the steering wheel and floor board. I can grab the shock and feel movement, but no movement in the passengers side. Truck has 26,000 miles on it...suspension parts shouldn't be wearing out yet...right?

I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow but figured I pick my fellow PSA friends brains first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Entirely possible the shocks need to be tightened. Not sure about the squeak. Maybe the brake line is rubbing on the coil?

donny

Reaction score
I had a similar sound on the front end..It was my driver side shock I took the bottom of the shock out. Bounced the truck and no more squeak. I had Rancho 9000 at that time .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marserdesigns

Reaction score
I had a similar sound on the front end..It was my driver side shock I took the bottom of the shock out. Bounced the truck and no more squeak. I had Rancho 9000 at that time .

The squawk doesn't bother me as much as the clunk and rattle noise does.

donny

Reaction score
Ya I hear u there.I know those noises can be hard 2 pin point I also had a cab mount come loose one time and I could fill it in my feet ..but it had 2 be a prty ruff rd...Typical mississippi rd !!! 😠

08Monster

Reaction score
Not saying this so your issue, but when I did the lift on my 2008, I didn't fully seat the coil in the bottom bucket and it made an awful clunk under high stress. Also had a loose shock and that rattled.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NHRMK

Reaction score
My guess would be track bar upper bolt loosened up. Happened to me several times.

marserdesigns

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the possible issues and fixes, but it located the issue being the jamb but on my Carli track bar was loose. Tightened it up and no noise or clunks.

I did locate the cause of the squeak though. The track bar is brushing against the front cross member.

marserdesigns

Reaction score
My guess would be track bar upper bolt loosened up. Happened to me several times.

Disregard my comment, I was thinking radius arm. It was my track bar jamb but that was loose.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the possible issues and fixes, but it located the issue being the jamb but on my Carli track bar was loose. Tightened it up and no noise or clunks.

I did locate the cause of the squeak though. The track bar is brushing against the front cross member.

You need to grind the front cross member a bit. Some truck do it, some don't when installing a bigger track bar.

Latest posts

Members online