front end noise

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
I cant seem to track down this clunk noise i have in my front end. I already replaced the sway bar endlink bushings the ball joints uper and lower on both sides and the drivers side wheel hub assembly and checked the passenger side wheel assembly for any movement or anything. tie rods look good no steering looseness at all just cannot seem to track down this racket when i go over bumps. Anyone have any suggestions??

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
to tell u the truth the shocks were on the truck when i bought it bout 50k miles ago truck had 110k on it they were replaced by the previous owner but i have no way of knowing when. iv pulled and tugged on them n they seen tight on there mounts but u never know

Snoop

Reaction score
Did you or didn't you replace the sway bar bushings on the axle? I was chasing a clunk forever doing all the major stuff. Replaced the bushing that wrap the sway bar and that was it.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
My vote is shocks. my obs had a annoying clunk and it was wore it bushings on the shock and the bolt sleeves stretched out and allowed for movement.

BLK01

Reaction score
this sounds crazy, but when i got my truck i couldnt figure out what was the thump was coming from my front end....and it turned out being a loose bumper bracket...PITA

B-FEAGLEY7.3

Reaction score
I've got a clunk also I'm replacing end links tonight then putting shocks on this weekend. I've drained drained the rear end no shavings. I'm replacing the front hub assembly hopefully it'll work

greyford1979

Reaction score
I was chasing a clunk just recently as well. I did find a bunch of parts that were bad that I replaced, but still had a noise. Ended up being the front driver's side body mount bushing under the radiator core support.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.