Front end/steering issues

jonnysteals

Reaction score
I have a 2006 f250 with a 2.5 inch leveling kit. I have the dual steering stabilizer and the alignment cams from my icon 7 inch lift still on the truck. I have play in the steering wheel; I read about how to take it out but I can't figure out how to access these bolts. I tried but couldn't reach from under the truck. Do you guys pull the inner fener because it still doesn't look like it would give me the room I need.

I also have a audible thump when I hit a bump. 40k miles ago I had new ball joints, tie rod end and a new track bar installed. I noticed on the bar that keeps the locks the wheels together the rubber bushing is broken. The track bar bushing is fine but not the bottom bar. It looks to me like they overtightened the bolt when they installed the track bar. The joint seems fine but the rubber boot is cracked; does this seem like an issue?

I think the thump is my shocks are bad, The ball joints and all the joints feel nice and tight with no play. Any suggestions would be great.

TARM

Reaction score
What about the sway bar bushings. That is a normal place for thumping sound over bumps when they are worn.

For the steering I have a 2001 so it may be different but the adj for actual steering play is at the top of the steering gear box. By play meaning you turn the wheel but the pitman arm does not start to move right away. You loosen the lock nut and then tighten the allen key adj bolt only a super small amount and then check. You only want to tighten it the minimum amount needed. Then tighten the lock nut. If you check and the pitarm is moving at the same time as the steering wheel then you have to look farther down the system for where the play is. Whatever part is the first to not move when the wheel is turned is the culprit or one of them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.