FUC$ AIR DOG

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm just curious how they will treat me when I send in the warranty card. I didn't open the box for months after it was purchased until I was ready to install. But since my purchase date is past the 30 day warranty card window am I SOL? That would make me pretty unhappy considering you don't know you have to send it in until you open it.

neverkickn

Reaction score
My box said time sensitive information inside, open immediately, or something like that.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm just curious how they will treat me when I send in the warranty card. I didn't open the box for months after it was purchased until I was ready to install. But since my purchase date is past the 30 day warranty card window am I SOL? That would make me pretty unhappy considering you don't know you have to send it in until you open it.

Hate to tell ya but your SOL. My buddy did something similar, when we did his cummins swap, he gathered all the parts first over the course of a few months (of course the ad was 1 of the first purchased parts), an it sat on the shelf unopened for awhile. Finally started the build, opened the box an found the warranty stuff, so before we did anthiing more, he called them an explained what happened an they said sorry but you missed out on the warranty but not to worry cuz the AD is the best pump on the market. He had his on the truck for 2yrs an only put 4000mi on an the pump took a $hit.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've honestly seen more issues with FASS and AD pumps than I have seen with OEM lift pumps. And the nice thing about an OEM pump is they're easy to find in a pinch.

If I needed more fuel than the OEM pump would provide, I would use a pump/pumps from somebody who has been specializing in high performance fuel pumps for more than a decade and who isn't only focused on removing air from diesel fuel

That's exactly why the stock low pressure 6.4 pump in between the tank and our stock 6.0 pump sounds so nice.

Is there a thread about this or a writeup?

There is, but it's on the ORG. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the link. I hate linking other forums within forums, you know?

We've been having great success with the current FASS high pressure pumps, but when you compare the size of the electric motor on the FASS Titanium Series (125G+) to the one on the competitor, you will see why the current FASS isn't having all the problems making pressure. The motor doesn't have to work nearly as hard when it's larger in size. FASS also didn't screw up the regulator design and try to make an adjustable with more O-rings to fail and leak and cause pressure issues. They had their problems in the past, but the current stuff is working great for us.

I quit selling the other a while back, wouldn't take any more calls from stranded customers.

I've been using a FASS pump on my vegistroke system (one of the originals) and I can't believe the punishment it has withstood. It's pushed thick, heated WVO @ 160+ degrees, at upwards of 95psi at times and never missed a beat. It's even sat off of the truck for over a year, soaked in used WVO, threw it back on and it worked just like new again. Amazing. I'm not exactly expecting it to last forever, but it's far exceeded anything I expected.

yea I havent had really any problems with my airdog 165 on my 6.4. Only time I had a problem is when it was -7 degees out my truck completly died on me going up the road all I did was take the filter off and put it back on and it maggically runs good again plus the motor is not making a nice noise. Ive had a ok experence with airdog but I wouldn't recommend them hopefully switch to aeromotive sometime soon.

Two different setups no? Are they set up the same for the 6.0 and 6.4? On the 6.4 you really only need to supply what, like 10-15psi to your HPFP? We need at least 55psi out of ours, so the pump is basically running at full duty sitting at idle.

My fuel system build ideas are constantly changing the more I read, but I'm thinking now it's going to be a sump, to a stock 6.4 low pressure fuel pump, feeding the stock 6.0 HFCM. If the stock 6.0 pump ever craps out a fuelab will go in it's place, but I'm going to try and keep this relatively simple. :clapping:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just re-read about the stock 6.4 pump add-on. The write up on the ORG, the user put a stock 6.4 pump feeding his AD2. Get this... before the 6.4 pump, with JUST the AD2, he was running ~60psi and the pump was drawing 6-7 amps. He said he would recommend 10 gauge wiring for the pump if you plan to run it this way. When he added the 6.4 pump inline, the AD2 started pumping ~80 psi with only a 2-3 amp draw. He actually had to turn his AD2 way down and he said it's MUCH quieter running now.

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Im running the FASS Titianium series pump 125 gmp and it is a tad noisy but havent had a single issue with it yet. And from the information i have gathered the newer FASS pumps are built to withstand the pressure requirements of the 7.3. But so far so good.

renegade

Reaction score
As per section 700.7 of the Magnuson-Moss warranty act, Air Dog can NOT deny warranty coverage if you have proof of purchase that falls into the warranty period. The act states that requiring return of a registration card has been ruled an unreasonable duty and is thus not legal.

PsRumors

Reaction score
As per section 700.7 of the Magnuson-Moss warranty act, Air Dog can NOT deny warranty coverage if you have proof of purchase that falls into the warranty period. The act states that requiring return of a registration card has been ruled an unreasonable duty and is thus not legal.

700.7 addresses a FULL warranty. AirDog offers a limited warranty which is not covered by 700.7.

http://law.justia.com/cfr/title16/16-1.0.1.7.71.0.45.7.html

http://www.forthepeople.com/full-vs-limited-warranty--11-2037.html

Zmann

Reaction score
The warranty card is a load of chit and gets them out of plenty of warranty claims

I can't count how many times I have either electronically or via mail registered a product
only to have it fail and Be required to produce My proof of purchase receipt

WTF ? Why did I bother registering it ?

Anyway everyone knows AD is not a outstanding company
and they should have had their issues fixed a long time ago
whether it be wire size or other issues effecting their dependability

it's not like they don't have a clue whats going on since they let all of us do their BETA testing

Charles

Reaction score
For those looking to the A1000, I burned up two of them back in the day with daily driver duty. They too don't like to make 60+psi constantly, it eats up the commutators, but it does take a lot of miles.

Luckily the Fuelab has no commutator, it's brushless. It's been on my truck for lord, probably 7 years now. It gives not one sh*t about anything I do. I accidentally had the pressure set at 110 or so for about 2 years there too when my fuel pressure gauge sender went bad... Not one damn was given by the pump.

If you want the ultimate in reliability, just run multiple OEM pumps in parallel on a relay from the OEM wiring.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you want the ultimate in reliability, just run multiple OEM pumps in parallel on a relay from the OEM wiring.

Exactly why I'm thinking this stock 6.4 pump pushing to the stock 6.0 pump could be the hot ticket, and priced pretty reasonably too.

Pure Evil

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

So the saga continues but as of right now this story has a somewhat happy ending pending a resolution with Air Dog which I'm sure will be anything but easy. The pump I paid to have over nighted (not the company responsible for a defective product) arrived Tuesday and when I put it on the truck yesterday afternoon guess what? Same damn thing will not build pressure. So two new pumps have now failed to build pressure out of the box. I know what you’re saying at this point. It must be on my end no way it’s the pump's fault both times, Hell I even start to question how did this all go so wrong on such a simple swap? And in disgust I walk away from the truck. This morning (once the urge to see what color the air dog turned while in the bottom of the burn barrel sub-sided) I decided since my old pump builds pressure but once it has been run for 5-10 minutes the electrical side goes out why not take one of the new motors that will not build pressure in its current configuration and put the new motor on my old pump that seems to like the old base and see what happens?? One turn of the key and I have fuel pressure!! Over the weekend I came across a post I believe on a dodge forum about a misalignment of holes from a new pump to an old plate that would cause this suction issue.. When I talked to our friend Josh Monday he stopped me mid-sentence knowing exactly what I was talking about and assured me that couldn't be my issue as that had been corrected 5 years ago.. Well I am here to tell you that is NOT the case. In his defense when this first came to my attention Saturday I put a light film of grease on the O-rings of the old pump then did the same with the new pump to compare mating surfaces.. They looked to be identical on the original base, so I moved on in my diagnosis. But THERE IS A DIFFERENCE SOMEWHERE in the 2 pump housings I've just received and the one that came with the pump originally and visually I cannot for the life of me tell you where. I did find the old motor to have one burnt brush which seemed to be its problem. So the truck runs which is the high point of this story now I need to call my dear buddy Josh and see what he has to say about all this, and if I can recoup any of my money from fixing their problem.. I'll let you know how this turns out..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.