Fuel additives for the 6.7?

T_W6.7

Reaction score
always ran Schaeffers soyshield and carbon treat mixed together, but thinking of trying some of the full torque by LE when i run out of the schaeffers stuff.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would run anything other than a fuel additive designed for a common rail injection system.

I don't think 2 stroke oil was engineered to be compressed to 29k psi and shot through a tiny nozzle..

The injection system is one of the most precise, advanced systems on the truck. You wouldn't run straight 30 weight oil you use in your lawn mower as engine oil in your 6.7 would you?

CurtisF

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would run anything other than a fuel additive designed for a common rail injection system.

I don't think 2 stroke oil was engineered to be compressed to 29k psi and shot through a tiny nozzle..

The injection system is one of the most precise, advanced systems on the truck. You wouldn't run straight 30 weight oil you use in your lawn mower as engine oil in your 6.7 would you?

Finally someone here gets it.

The only fuel additive that should ever be run (if any) is lubricity/cetane boost such as PM-22 or equivalent. Use anti-gel when necessary.

Any additive that claims to clean, emulsify/demulsify water, etc...... stay FAR FAR AWAY. Those types of additives do not belong in a common rail.

Additives that have cleaning solvents (alcohol, etc) can damage key components such as the HPFP and injectors.

Additives that contain products to emulsify/demulsify water actually allow large quantities of water to bypass the F/W separator, contaminating the fuel system and causing eventual failure.

Anyone selling you otherwise is trying to make money on snake oil.

Latest posts

Members online