Fuel Bowl Delete Kit

fbilly420

Reaction score
Well the Strictly diesel kit I have looks awesome and has performed flawlessly for going on 6 years now. AND IT LOOKS AWESOME under the hood:D

Reaction score
cheap,fast,easy and dont look too bad...i have the old ITP block with SS lines going in when the motor gets put together..

Attachments

• GTP38R ball bearing 027.jpg
    GTP38R ball bearing 027.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 96
  • GTP38R ball bearing 026.jpg
    GTP38R ball bearing 026.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

91turbogsx

Reaction score
then whats a lift pump? isnt a lift pump a pump thats high flow/low pressure to feed the high pressure pump? not arguing just askin cuz i thought what i just said is a lift pump...

live life full throttle
7.3's don't have a high pressure pump to feed. The fuel pump is the high pressure pump.

I have the old ITP bowl delete RR as well and couldnt ask for a higher quality kit. Dennis hands down has the best fuel setups. I built a pre and post pump filter setup to go along with the bowl delete out of 2 of his pre pump kits to maintain good filtration.

ffcbb92b.jpg

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Well if I go with Dennis's which there is a good chance I will, would I need the pre pump kit if Im not running a fuel system? I plan to but havent made it that far yet and dont have the money to buy both. Is it possible to just make one? What is your guys ideas?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you only need the pre pump filter, if you do the hutch or add a sump, or similar mod to the pick up area.

if you bowl delete, you need post filters.

if your a diy kinda guy, this should get you taken care of. http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63784&highlight=diy+reg+return post 16. though you can read through the thread and they discuss the various stages of what you would do to your fuel system, and when.

depending on if and what you get for discounts at various parts stores, i pieced mine together for $297, including the fuelab regulator, steel hydraulic fittings, parker pusklok hose and fittings, baldwin filters and bases.

but to me, im not very interested in cosmetics. mine looked presentable, clean and not a hack job. but not professional. dennis' kits are professional. i have seen one on a truck. very nice.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Dennis does have a pretty nice kit, and I have yet to see one of Irate's kits in person but they appear to be a nice unit on their website.

Piecing together a regulated return/ fuel system yourself is always an option to if your a DIY kind of person. I plan on putting together my own fuel system eventually, to save a little bit of coin.

Homesteader

Reaction score
First off...

Its not a "lift pump". You dont drive a 12v or 24v. Its a fuel pump.

Second...

I've see and worked on Irates fuel system. Its cheaper, because its not nearly as clean, complete and professional as Strictly's kit is.

Is there anything "wrong" with it, not really. I dont like the idea of leaving the regulator just swinging in the wind like he does, but otherwise...

Dennis's kit is just as clean as factory.

Can you explain what is cheap and not professional about Jakes kit?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if you seen them side by side, you can see the quality difference.

imo, its not so much a parts quality thing, as cleanliness of install kind of thing.

dennis' kit looks like it was made to be there. factory.

irates' kit looks aftermarket. good, but not factory appearing.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
if you seen them side by side, you can see the quality difference.

imo, its not so much a parts quality thing, as cleanliness of install kind of thing.

dennis' kit looks like it was made to be there. factory.

irates' kit looks aftermarket. good, but not factory appearing.

Exactly.

Someone not knowing a powerstroke could open the hood with an Strictly kit and not notice it.

You will notice Irates kit.

Latest posts

Members online