fuel bowl delete

fordf550

Reaction score
im wanting to delete fuel bowl and fpr on my 97. BUT want to retain factory lift pump. i was wondering whats the sence of having a fpr if factory lift pump peters out at 50 psi give or take?

old man dave

Reaction score
Your fuel pump regulator setting should be about 50-55 or 65 depending on year/model. Stock pump should do better than 50 psi.

Tom S

Reaction score
its simple, no wires. if it's not working it's because its shot, not because of a relay or burnt up pump

I did mine to factory quality from the pump to the wiring and relays. Good luck with your project.

fordf550

Reaction score
maybe i'm headed in the wrong direction, But what would a factory system do without the use of the regulator. in other words with a factory system is a regulator even needed

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Yes a regulator is needed with out it your pressure would be everywhere but where it needs to be. Have you ever had your fuel pressure drop so low? I did and I was going now where fast.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
I think I get what your saying, and I don't think you understand the regulators purpose. It dosent regulate what the pump puts out. It's there to hold a steady pressure on the injectors.

Think if it this way, without the regulator it would be all open line back to the tank, and the fuel pump would not have anything to build pressure against.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online