fuel bowl delete...

BFT

Reaction score
wasnt there someone that deleted their fuel cooler and replaced it with a cooler of their own? i remember reading it a year or so ago.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Just to clarify I meant in removing the cooler not the bowl. I plan on deleting the fuel bowl on mine as well.

Yes I understood you, however what im saying is without the fuel bowl the cooler may not be needed, they make air coolers that would probably do the trick I will post pics asap

tensixniner

Reaction score
Isn't the fuel cooler system also used to cool the VGT turbo actuator?

Are you guys deleting the entire system or just the fuel cooler itself?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Isn't the fuel cooler system also used to cool the VGT turbo actuator?

Are you guys deleting the entire system or just the fuel cooler itself?

That's correct it does cool it also.. im going with a single turbo so I won't have thr VGT anymore....

I ordered all my. Parts today maybe a bit overkill with 5/8 supply but oh well so far im right at 350 for my parts

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't know how important it is for the actuator. I haven't had coolant running to mine for a year or so and it still works...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's correct it does cool it also.. im going with a single turbo so I won't have thr VGT anymore....

I ordered all my. Parts today maybe a bit overkill with 5/8 supply but oh well so far im right at 350 for my parts

So there you go. Looks like $700 isn't outrageous at all. Have fun getting it installed?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
So there you go. Looks like $700 isn't outrageous at all. Have fun getting it installed?

I'm re routing everything to the rear firewall.. to shorten the lines by about 3ft also went with 5/8 instead of 1/2.. also the fuel reg I used is for high volumes so that was double the price of a normal one lile the one in elites kit... You could do it for much cheaper probable 160...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
why are you regulating the return? as long as the air dog is turned down to 10 psi i wouldnt touch the return side

cfdeng7

Reaction score
What about ditching the factory fuel cooler for a duramax style cooler on the return?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I heart this thread. Complaining about a $700 setup in a 50k truck.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
why are you regulating the return? as long as the air dog is turned down to 10 psi i wouldnt touch the return side

I'm actually regualting the intake side, the factory fuel bow regulates it at 3psi... So pretty much a airdog with a factory fuel bowls worthless... And I'm doing it as a precaution if the airdog ever messes up .

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I heart this thread. Complaining about a $700 setup in a 50k truck.

$625 :poke:

LOL

It really ends up being a $1200-1300 setup if you think about it. You have to purchase the Air Dog also. Obviously the OP already has one, but it does add up. To bad Pure Flow doesn't make an Air Dog kit for our trucks that pumps directly to the HPFP. They would probably sell a few of them.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Couple things for ya. You dont need a regulator for your return. It is fine running it to the tank. Just regualte your airdog to 10 to 15psi. There is a regulator in the HPFP as well. I used a trans cooler for my return fuel. It is 18" long and is on the inside of my frame rail. I can touch my hand to it and its not that hot. Jegs has all of the fittings you will need. I was going to feed my system with -8 fittings but it wouldnt fit under the heat shield so I went with -6. My system holds pressure all the way through and runs great. Let me know if you need anything.
Dustin- Are you running your VGT actuator? Id love to ditch mine. I still dont understand how the actuator gets hot enough to need a cooler.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Couple things for ya. You dont need a regulator for your return. It is fine running it to the tank. Just regualte your airdog to 10 to 15psi. There is a regulator in the HPFP as well. I used a trans cooler for my return fuel. It is 18" long and is on the inside of my frame rail. I can touch my hand to it and its not that hot. Jegs has all of the fittings you will need. I was going to feed my system with -8 fittings but it wouldnt fit under the heat shield so I went with -6. My system holds pressure all the way through and runs great. Let me know if you need anything.
Dustin- Are you running your VGT actuator? Id love to ditch mine. I still dont understand how the actuator gets hot enough to need a cooler.

The regulator I have is for the intake side... Just a fail safe if that airdog fails and. Im also going to upgrade the airdog in the near future to something bigger.. also the fuel regulator was perfect for keeping the temp sensor...

blk350on20s

Reaction score
ok that will work perfect for ya but you definately dont need to go bigger with the airdog unless you get serious power upgrades.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
any one have updates on how this system is working making you own I would be interested in this as well (building my own)