Fuel Cooler Delete and Gelling

Fenner408

Reaction score
So I've never had a gellng issue with any of my 6.4s until this winter. It's happened 6 or so times and I just found out it happened to my wife yesterday while I am in Chile. I was the last one to put fuel in it and I used blended with white bottle PS. I had been using Howes but with as much trouble as I've had I decided to switch it up. So after all this I've been wondering if not using the fuel cooler would be hurting me. Would it help warm the fuel in the winter?

04stroker

Reaction score
How much of the PS are you using? When it's been super cold here I'm talking like 10-20 below zero even double dosing the power service we still had gelling issues. We have to dose them 4x the recommended amount to keep them from gelling.

jr6968

Reaction score
Power service is not a very good additive. We had alot of trucks that use ps ell up during that cold snap.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have been using the Ford Cetane Boost and anti gel and have never had a problem in any truck as of yet. It also seems like my truck likes the Ford stuff a good bit better than all the others that I have tried. (Howes, PS, Schapers, Amsoil)

Fenner408

Reaction score
It was still gelling lol. I guess I'm just going to start treating the hell out of it or maybe get a heater for it. This **** is just getting old. Got frostbite on my hand the last time lol

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
I would just double up on the howes. PS is garbage guys I work with had bottles of PS freeze, while working here in ND. Could have just got a bad batch of blended fuel too

3brorce

Reaction score
More than certain he froze up again since the 8th or his last post.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Part of it may be that the fuel is bio, we have trouble with biofuel so in the winter, so we use a fuel station that sells straight or we use the on farm storage for the semis that's straight. We run bio the rest of the year though. It's also treated to zero from the supplier then ad power service if it gets colder and don't have problems very often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fenner408

Reaction score
Yea I had to swap filters Monday and Tuesday on the way to work. Monday I drained all the fuel just to make sure it wasn't something in the tank. Filled up with winter blend and 1/2 a bottle of white PS and still gelled the next morning. I was using Howes but gelled multiple times with it double treated. One time it was over triple treated. I believe the problem is the Bio as well. Unfortunately that's the only thing available in my town.

Latest posts

Members online