Fuel filter restriction sensor

youngnick

Reaction score
I keep hearing to rip it out and plug it with 1/8 npt plug. Mine is leaking pretty bad. My question is will this make the fuel filter light stay on all the time? And should i just throw some tape over the connector if i take the sensor out? Thanks for the help in advanced

Magnum PD

Reaction score
OBS trucks don't have a fuel filter restriction light. They have a water in fuel light.

youngnick

Reaction score
Pretty sure they do. Its labeled "fuel filter" on the instrument panel. That light is for the fuel filter restriction sensor

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I haven't seen the light in a while, yeah just plug it, and tape wire. See if that stops the leak.

Reaction score
OBS trucks do have the Fuel Restriction Sensor and they are notorious leakers. On the 94-95 trucks the sensor is located on the aft side of the filter bowl down towards the bottom of the canister. On 96 and 97 trucks, the sensor is located on the driver's side of the filter bowl, up on the Fuel Pressure Regulator block. The light will not come on unless the disconnected wire happens to ground itself. Don't overtighten the plug or you might crack the bowl or regulator block (depending on what year your truck is). Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online