Fuel hiccup

08stroker350

Reaction score
So this morning went to fire up my truck in the garage, right after start up it seemed like I hit the gas pedal (which I did not) and the truck seemed to choke out for half second. Backed it out and let it idle, everything seemed fine. The. Once more at the lights. Once it was warm it did it once more then nothing. Left it idle for 3 hours today. Is this my injectors starting to go.... I just changed my rad out and coolant. Anything I can do to save my injectors, can't really afford any of this right now and it is my work/personal truck. HELP!! No codes either...

08stroker350

Reaction score
I change them once a year or every 30,000km. Last night I pulled the top filter, no metal and very clean. Also opened the water/fuel separator for 2 minutes and nothing but clean diesel maybe a tiny bit of water (doubtful). Fuelled up at some cheap diesel station previous to issue. ran it today and she seems back to normal. I usually run snake oil every second tank of diesel. I am stumped.... But she ran like a champ today. Anything else I can do besides fuel filters and snake oil ??? Should I change them again just to be safe...

08stroker350

Reaction score
Also put it back to stock mode, it was only in tow mode 80 hp. This truck will never see any extra power again... Hope she holds

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
For the total cost of filters compared to a set of injectors and or the rest of the system, change em.

I run a different company so I can't compare the tunes your using.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
So if Google is telling me this correctly your changing f/fs every 18k miles..
It's my understanding to do it about 3 times as much...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My09Ride

Reaction score
Every 6K might be a little over kill, but I'd think 10K, 12K absolute max. Better safe than sorry. I guess that's my opinion, and you know what they say about those. If ask?

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I'm going to leave this here for Mr Mott.

Mr. Funnel! :D
Hahaha...

For anyone who has not seen the mr. Funnel in action check it out.
Might be worth pumping a couple gallons through it at fuel stations your not use to...
I'm playing the better safe then sorry side of things..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Yes, gone are the days of mechanical IP that would run on anything short of gravel....:popcorn:

08stroker350

Reaction score
Changed both filters and the lower one was dirty!!! Updated my tuner and no more hiccups. Only 25,000km on filters

Latest posts

Members online