Fuel Leak Repair

94.5stroker

Reaction score
I guess I still don't get it, isn't there just the one way to drain the fuel bowl? I thought the drain was the "water separator" and by draining it down you were in theory draining the more dense water. :shrug: I guess I'm confused. I drained the bowl. There was black stuff in the bowl, like settled on the fuel heater and I tried to clean it up with q-tips. I'm not sure if I got the screen that I have heard of cleaning out I just cleaned out all of the holes in the side of the housing that I could see that went to the regulator and what not. It sure idled better and seemed to take off better(didn't lug). But now after a day or so, at idle it is rough again like it goes up and down ever so slightly you can see it on the tach and hear it in the engine, and it seems to lug a little when you take off. So I wonder if I have some algae or something along that line in my bowl, that is clogging that screen a little bit. I'm not sure, I have just heard of that causing the rough idle I have been experiencing, and it seemed to help for a little while after I cleaned it.

I need to take the bowl off and replace all the hoses and orings some time to try and stop the leak for good, hopefully then I can clean it all out and fix all of my issues at one time

Hehman250

Reaction score
I believe the screen everyone says to clean is the fpr screen. It's on the drivers side of the bowl. Maybe some one will post a pic of it since my fuel bowl is m.i.a do to the exact leaks your talking about.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
100_3025.jpg

the screen everyone refers to is between the frp and bowl. If you look at the picture between the 2 bolts you can see a white/yellow looking thing showing THAT IS THE SCREEN. Also if you are going to take out your fuel bowl take the heater out of it, as long as it dont get to cold where you live, some people will even tell you to take it out regardless. It will keep from fuse #22 from poping. It makes cleaning you fuel bowl easier, I do it everytime I replace my filter. Just remember that the pole/ stick is reverse threaded.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.