fuel leak....

teambluemxer

Reaction score
alright i am new to the 6.0 n i mean new. i know the 7.3 like the back of my hand. alright i have an fuel leak in my 6.0 where are the common areas i cant figure this one out. :wtf:

teambluemxer

Reaction score
see idk it drips off the tranny i know is diesel its clear n smells like diesel. haha it been raining i got it yesterday n hasnt stopped raining.

Bigdeere

Reaction score
Can you smell it in the cab while driving? If so check the little metal valve in front of the fuel filter under the hood. Mine was leaking there and i had to have a rebuild done on the valve.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It should be realitivly easy to find. Fuel system is pretty visable. Follow the lines to the heads. Check the head bolts.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
ok the front of the fuel/oilfilter bowl i see no diesel leak. u might have to attach picures cause all this crap is different then a 7.3

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Follow the fuel lines to the heads. Look at the bolts going into the heads and see if its leaking there.

Cowboy Cadillac

Reaction score
I had a leak comming from the fuel pressure regulator on my 05. It is located on the front (towards the radiator) of the secondary fuel filter housing. It only leaked when it was running. The easiest way for me to see was to stand beside the drivers side front tire and watch the front of the fuel bowl. I could really smell it when stopped with the AC on. Take a lookd at this write-up with pics http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f21/fuel-regulator-upgrade-w-pictures-278882/

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
fuel leaks are very common on these things. cowboy caddy is right....it's likely on the FPR housing on top of the motor. you can buy a gasket/rebuild kit from the ford house for about 40 bucks. mine ended up being the oring around the cap on top of the housing. easy fix though...

BUFF

Reaction score
Are you shure its driping off the trans or just in that area? I would start at the filter on the frame. Check the water drain plug o-ring and that its tight. Also the filter cap and its o-ring. The first time I changed my fuel filters I nicked the o-ring and it only leaked when the truck was shut off. Thats when I discovered the o-ring on the lower fuel filter and the oil filter cap where the same.

Latest posts

Members online