Fuel mileage?

strokin08

Reaction score
I been talking to several people on here about the 71 tow atmo turbo and how it is working for them. I want to put this out here to see what everybody opionion is. I've read on here where people said it and I've seen it myself with my truck that when you are at high boost your fuel mileage goes down. My question is with the 71 and it hitting a lot higher boost will it hurt fuel mileage? I'm fixing to go with this setup and just curious to what Yall think? The people I have talked to have no complaints and been helpful to me. As I said I just wanna get opionions from everybody. Thanks in advance.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
In my opinion I love the atmosphere turbo, but since I had it installed my fuel mileage decreased by at least 3 mpgs. But, I have to be honest I also reprogrammed the truck with Spartan 310. So it really can be the tune as I used the 345 from KEM and kept good fuel economy and awesome power at the same time. I would like to get KEM tunes again unless there really is a definate better tuner.

strokin08

Reaction score
I run spartan myself. Never have ran anything else so idk how mileage compares with others. I heard kem tunes are good on fuel. I use my truck as dd and tow and was wondering about fuel considering it hits high boost pretty quick.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Milage depends on boost, but other things too. I get better milage on my tunes with almost 2 times the boost, one brand was 6-7 psi, other was 12-13psi on the highway at 70. There were big differences in rail pressure, pulse width, vgt duty cycle, and egts. I would think the more efficient 71mm would slightly help milage, but I could be wrong.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
With two powers and a light foot I got the best mileage. I think it was 21.1 or something high like that. 75mph or less all highway coming home from elite. Boost was down and this was 310 tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.