fuel mileage

brandisux10

Reaction score
I originally planned on doing a manual swap when my 4r100 took a ****. But i took the easy route and just did a beefy rebuild. If i were to do a manual swap would I use a zf5 or a zf6?

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
I feel like your about as good as you're gonna get. ZF6 swap will definitely help your mileage from my experience. Also aired my tires up to 60-65 psi but I can't get better than 15mpg going 65 in my economy tune even with all new brakes and fluids and filters. and wheel bearings. I'm on 35s on 20s. Don't drive like a moron in town either especially with your lift. Have you considered going down to leveled or 4" on 35s?

TyCorr

Reaction score
A manual swap isnt going to magically give you 5mpg. If the truck is.mechanicall.sound, its driving habits. If you.want optimal.fuel.economy take the tuning off, take the lift down or off, and run smaller rubber. If I.could get 20 occasionally with my cc/sb, lifted on 37s then its possible.but has to be your focus.

I know people think.diesels.get 20+ but its bs. My 12 dmax is.at 11.5ish empty(which is about 800lbs worth of toolboxes, tools, and nails/screws/hardware.) and slightly worse towing. My 7.3 would.get down below 10 towing my gn. Lifted, tuned, and poor maintenance wont net muchbetter than 10mpgs.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not here, 22-23 hw empty doing 60. Not lifted, manual, 3.55s and i only weigh 6800 with me in it. I have been told superdutys get worse tho.

Id believe it since its no different than you tossing 2500lbs in yours.and.driving it everyday. The 7.3 chassis compared to.the.6.4? 6.4s are even heavier.

jaybuller

Reaction score
I got to say I feel the biggest thing that impacts fuel mpg is tires choice and lift. My truck is not lifted and has 265 hwy tires on it. I drive 65 mph on the hwy and get 21 mpg. In town I get 19. I feel the zf6 helps a lot. My last truck was identical e other than the auto and it got 16 in town and 19 on the hwy. I think with a gear vendor I could prolly do 25 unloaded. But then again I don't know if the fuel savings would ever offset the cost of the unit..

nickscheffel

Reaction score
I get between 13-14 with mileage killing cardlock additive in the winter. Summer is usually 1-2mpg better. Automatic, lifted with 37's, stock 3.73's and live tuned PHP Hydra. I ran an Edge Evolution before switching to Power Hungry and couldn't get over 11-12mpg with that.

Latest posts

Members online