Fuel Pressure Problems

Mud digger

Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm starting to lose my mind. Today I installed the blue spring upgrade and my EV2 fuel pressure gauge. I installed the blue spring first so I don't have a previous reading of my fuel pressure :doh: . When I start the truck the fuel pressure only goes up to 37, and kinda bounces up and down between that and 39. I would like to hope that my fuel pressure is a hell of a lot higher than that especially after the upgrade. The truck has been and is still running great. I took it for a drive and a full throttle for a split second it actually jumped up to almost 50psi. What in the world is going on here? Has anyone else had a problem like this?? Thanks in advance

Mud digger

Reaction score
Well I couldn't take it any longer so I tore the truck back apart and pretty much reinstalled the kit again and now I'm seeing the FP where it should be, around 63psi. I never saw anything out of place and everything seemed nice and tight. No idea what could have caused this but I'm happy it's fixed now.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
Was it the sender of the isspro gauge? Did you put it into the test port or somewhere else?

Mud digger

Reaction score
No, it wasn't the sender. It had to be something with the blue spring upgrade, either it was sucking air somewhere or something was up with the spring. As far was where the sender is mounted, I used the fuel pressure adapter from Strictly Diesel in order to mount the sender away from the engine.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Let it idle for a few minutes, shut it off, then crack the fuel cap, fuel will spray everywhere, then tighten it and start it again

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea u might have had some air in the lines... thatll mess with ur readings... also... do u have the remote sensing line or the sender directly to the fuel bowl...?

Mud digger

Reaction score
Yea u might have had some air in the lines... thatll mess with ur readings... also... do u have the remote sensing line or the sender directly to the fuel bowl...?

I used the fuel pressure adapter from Strictly Diesel in order to mount the sender away from the engine.

Latest posts

Members online