Fuel Pressure Question for my 300/200's

Reaction score
My fuel system is stock and I just installed 300/200's, they are detuned, but if get on it fuel pressure drops to about 35psi, Im installing an IDP comp fuel system very soon I was just wondering if that low of pressure will damage the injectors? Thanks.

blaze42069

Reaction score

What happens when injectors run out of fuel? My 160/100s ran outta fuel on the stock obs pump last year now it dont run right. I pass AE buzz tests. I know I have major blowby too tho. I have since installed an aeromotive 1000 pump and a full regulated return and it now holds 70psi all day. Just wondering what I could have possibly done to injectors.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
What happens when injectors run out of fuel? My 160/100s ran outta fuel on the stock obs pump last year now it dont run right. I pass AE buzz tests. I know I have major blowby too tho. I have since installed an aeromotive 1000 pump and a full regulated return and it now holds 70psi all day. Just wondering what I could have possibly done to injectors.

Running them completely out of fuel will definitely cause an issue. Scoring of the plunger/barrel is the first thing that comes to mind, as well as not having any cushion for the nozzle needle.

Low fuel pressure isn't good by any means, but the truck will still run. Low fuel pressure at higher RPM can/will cause problems though, since the injectors may not be able to maintain enough fuel to provide a good cushion at the nozzle.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, hope so. Get a good regulated return fuel system with at least double super duty pumps as soon as you can. Until then, keep your foot out of it.

If your truck doesn't like something you do, don't do it.

Reaction score
I don't know how the truck should run with 300/200's, and I don't know if its just tuning or what, but it idles like ****, it feels like it has a lope tune. If you read the thread I posted about running a rag through my engine, I made a few stupid mistakes when installing everything, I'm going to bring the truck to work and see if I can find anything out of the ordinary on IDS, and run a few tests, no way it will pass a contribution test.

Reaction score
I was so used to never watching fuel pressure and laying into it all the time with my 160/80's, it was almost subconscious. Half throttle it will rip and only drop to about 50 then any more it falls on its face, Gearhead tuned it for a stock fuel system. Im tired of screwing up, it seems like I never make mistakes unless its on my vehicle.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well, that doesn't mean anything. Perhaps "just laying into it" with stg 2 injectors taxed the pump. Your fp might be getting weak. Id be looking for a completely gutless tune or somr better fueling capability.

Reaction score
I didn't make much sense above sorry. It was supposed to be a slow tune, I need to keep my foot out of it like arisley said and buy an IDP system asap and hopefully I can get the truck to run right and stop making mistakes.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You need more volume before you can really determine if that frx is doing anything. Once you upgrade to a full competition style system(yes you need that much fueling) you will be rid of that frx anyway.

There is much debate about the fuel bowl and it rekevance or irrelevance depending. I removed mine four years ago and I havent ever missed it. At all.

Latest posts

Members online