fuel pump not pumping

obs'r

Reaction score
So today i changed the fuel filter in my 2000 superduty. While the filter was out i noticed a small solid wire on top of the bracket the filter sits on. It looked as if someone had stuck it between the gaps in the plate so being curious I moved it with my finger and noticed it was hooked to a rubber piece under the plate. I left it alone and put the new filter back in. I left the bowl dry because I was informed that the superdutys will prime themselves by cycling the key a few times. I turned on the key but did not notice the wait to start light. I did hear the vaccum pump on the fender well running though. I waited thirty seconds and shut it off and turned it on again and repeated this for a total of three times. The third time the vaccum pump did not come on. I tried to start it a few times and it would not fire. I opened the bowl again and it was still dry. Has any one had this problem or know what
I did to cause it.

Reaction score
that wire went to the fuel bowl heater..you might have shorted it out and poped a fuse...replace the fuse and try again..if the fues keeps poping..un plug the heater at the base of the fuel bowl..its down by the drain valve...replace fuse and try again..if that works just leave it be..you dont need the heater.. i dont even have the fuel bowl and she always started fine......

Last edited:

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Check the fuse for your fuel bowl heater. You may have messed up the heater son I would disconnect the wire on the outside of the bowl that. Goes to the heater.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I unplugged it and changed the fuse and it works, thanks for the help!

Yep. Very common problem on these trucks. The "no wait to start light" is usually a dead giveaway for this problem.

Glad you are back and running again.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Where is it leaking from? Around the sensor or in the middle where the contacts are? If from around the outside, it is just an o-ring that needs replaced.

obs'r

Reaction score
It didn't start leaking till I unplugged it so I am guessing around the contacts but ill check it this morning.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
If it is leaking through where the contacts are then you will need to either install a new sensor or if you don't care about the WIF portion just remove the sensor and plug it.

Latest posts

Members online