Fuel rail fitting

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get the fitting that goes in the back of the heads for direct rail plumbing?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Couldn't fInd it over there. I asked Jap, just thought I would ask everybody else.

TARM

Reaction score
Yep get them from Dave if you want to go in with smoothest fuel flow. You will need to give him a call. You will need also likely need a 45 or 90 hose end or another fitting to get them all connected up. You can also use the banjo fittings Dennis sells but as with any banjo fitting its a sharp 90 that will cause turbulence. But they sure are nice.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I PM David but didn't get a reply. I'll have to call him. Come out with a 6 an fitting then 90 degree fitting to stainless steel braided line and to Y fitting from 2 micron filter.

TARM

Reaction score
No Dave had to have them custom machined for the thread pitch and boss of those inspection ports. They are not cheap compared to the deal I get on JIC fittings At my local shop now but they are low production custom runs so you pay. But its a one time deal thing so it doesn't bite to bad LOL

TARM

Reaction score
Compared to other things its a drop in the bucket just $$ for a fitting is all. Maybe if I was going to sell a kit I would have them made but for a couple of setups a year at most no way, I will by happy for Dave to have my business. He also gave me a great deal on a set of his push rods

TARM

Reaction score
Yep that IMO is the best way to run it. Back to front and if you want to save money use the stock feed line as the return. You can use a compression to male JIC fitting (they should have it at the hydro store) to connect into the stock line. That is much cleaner than a worm clamp over a hose. Cut the end off the steel line and debur it. Then slide the compression end with its ring over onto it and crank it down. You can then use a short run of PL hose and fittings to connect to it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got lines from where I came from the back of heads, I'll see if it works up front.

TARM

Reaction score
Parker Hose is cheap at the hydro stores. But the way I described is a clean way to do it when you want to use the steel fuel line as the return. A section of hose and fittings from the reg to the steel line which will have the compression to 6JIC male end to screw the female hose end fitting to.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Hose clamps to the stock steel line may not be the best way to do it.

TARM

Reaction score
It works as there is no real pressure. Heck it will even hold on the pressure side of things. I just think it looks fugly. Like using worm clamps on IC boots heck even heater or rad hose. I just hate the look and they always seem to break, cut up the hose, rust etc...

old man dave

Reaction score
Bean's supplies one with their fuel system for the OBS. Its a custom made out of a fuel rail plug and the tit off of a steel AN-6 male fitting . The hose fitting is a close sweep 90* AN-6 female to An-6 hose fitting. Aeroquip makes a close 90*sweep bend, the wide sweep 90*s don't clear the firewall and the cast 90* isn't smooth.

My buddy made up some for me by cutting off the AN-6 male, brazing it to the fuel rail plug head end and boring out the 3/8" hole through the works on a lathe. I like to use a steel sweep 90* since I tend to bend up the aluminum hose fittings in tight spots.

DI used to sell these fittings for about $20 each.

Last edited:

c.salt

Reaction score
If you have trouble finding them thru sponsers on here Alternative fuel trucks use them for vegistrokes
Not sure if they are smooth enough for your high h.p. applications
Try:
Dino fuel Alternative .com
Veggie garage .com

Latest posts

Members online