Fuel System ?

dustinz85

Reaction score
I just bought a fuel bowl delete RR system, for one Im tired of buying that expensive pita filter on top of the engine :fustrate:. Anyhow, I already started my fuel system (planning on bigger injectors soon), I did the hutch mod in the tank (planning on maybe a 5/8 pickup) and rubber line to the stock fuel pump. I installed a filter housing between the tank and the pump (Baldwin BF957 Fuel Filter) i believe it is 12 mic. My question is, is the current filter installed good enough for a pre pump filter, and what are your guys suggestions for a filter after the pump still the factory one isnt going to be there anymore. I was thinking a BF1212 water separator with a filter. What do you guys think for type of filter? 2 mic/5 mic?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
BF1212 should be on the SUCTION SIDE of the pump, between the pump and tank.

Not familiar with the filter you mentioned so I can't make any comments there.

duddy

Reaction score
usually a filter before a priming pump is like a rock catcher around 100 micron or so. With the final filter being a 2 micron. That is what we run on most trucks at work at least.

dustinz85

Reaction score
Ok so ill put the 1212 on the housing that is there now... what is a number of a 2 micron filter for the pressure side?

Sent from my DROID X2

Arisley

Reaction score
That is what I am running. 5/8 to the prefilter, 3/8 from the filter to the pumps, 5/8 to the motor. Stock feed line for the return.

Southmike

Reaction score
i thought strickly came up with a proper post filter setup now..
i would just get it from him. least a filter or two for figuring it all up if you already have the base.

dustinz85

Reaction score
I would run a 5/8" line from a tank sump to the prefilter.

I was told Pa inspections laws prohibit a sump :confused:
anyone know for sure?

That is what I am running. 5/8 to the prefilter, 3/8 from the filter to the pumps, 5/8 to the motor. Stock feed line for the return.

I think this is what ill do and change the 3/8 line that I have then it will be done will and I won't have to do it again. Maybe have to add a fuel pump down the road.

Sent from my DROID X2

dustinz85

Reaction score
I use strictly diesel in tank kit with the 1212 before the pump... I use a wix 3528 with a Napa Filter Base - 4770 after the pump

Thanks for the part number of the filter base btw, I had it.wrote down somewhere in the shop but lost it. And with the ppl that work at the local Napa you might as well ask a monkey to find it in the computer :banghead:

Sent from my DROID X2

Reaction score
What size line did you run?

Sent from my DROID X2

3/8 to the pump..stock from there to the heads..I have 5/8 going in from the tank all the way to the heads and will be running 3/8 as a return...ill be putting my fuelab in at that time..I also have strictly diesel banjo bolts ill be putting in as well...I spent too much $$$ for my injectors... I want to make sure they don't go hungry...

dustinz85

Reaction score
3/8 to the pump..stock from there to the heads..I have 5/8 going in from the tank all the way to the heads and will be running 3/8 as a return...ill be putting my fuelab in at that time..I also have strictly diesel banjo bolts ill be putting in as well...I spent too much $$$ for my injectors... I want to make sure they don't go hungry...

i think im going to go the 5/8 supply like you did but i think im just going to leave the stock return line in unless it is a pita to hook up to the new RR i bought. Are those banjo bolts worth the 99 bucks, ive read that some ppl didnt think they were worth the coin :shrug:

SDstroker

Reaction score
Search on google and you will find alot of write ups with part numbers and other good info. Tarm and Marty have had good write ups on fuel systems in the past.

Southmike

Reaction score
i think im going to go the 5/8 supply like you did but i think im just going to leave the stock return line in unless it is a pita to hook up to the new RR i bought. Are those banjo bolts worth the 99 bucks, ive read that some ppl didnt think they were worth the coin :shrug:

use your old oem fuel supply as the return ...the oem return is too small

Latest posts

Members online