fuel tank size for 15 250 CCSB

tommy1005

Reaction score
I have a 15 CCSB Platinum and looking at the Ford website it shows that I should have a 37.5 gallon tank, but I've now run 2 tanks through it to where the dash says 50 miles to empty and it only takes 20 gallons to fill it back up, which to me would mean that it has a 26 gallon tank, not a 37.5 gallon tank. Anybody know what the deal is on these trucks? I'm extremely frustrated with the smaller tank as my Ecoboost F150 had a 36 gallon tank and getting 500 miles per tank was extremely beneficial on road trips.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
If you have a CCSB Powerstroke you have a 26 gallon tank. The CCLB Powerstroke comes with the 37.5 gallon tank. Unless they have changed something in Job 2 trucks the 37.5 as not available on CCSB, I ordered mine in April and only a 26 gallon was available in CCSB.

padronanniversary

Reaction score
That's almost on the border of just advertising that falsely and should be fixed by ford.

I read that as 37.5 gallon tank of a super crew am I correct ?

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Stock was a 25 gallon tank. I didn't like it either......before it hit the E, I bought a 50 gallon Transfer Flow.

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Does the 50 gallon tank register correct on the fuel gauge ? I'm seriously considering this as an option, the one listed to mounted next to frame rails

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Does the 50 gallon tank register correct on the fuel gauge ? I'm seriously considering this as an option, the one listed to mounted next to frame rails

I'm not sure on that but give this guy a shout as he can probably answer your questions and I think they are working on a group purchase but that's not 100%. Tom@bigtimekustomz

There's another thread about the titan tanks with Tom in it.

hhrecovery

Reaction score
my 2015 CCSB is suppose to have the 26 gal. tank or whatever but if you run it till on the side of road empty you still can't squeeze 26 gallon into it...I will be installing a titan tank into my truck shortly...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.