fuelab pump issues again

what a mess

Reaction score
are you guys having issues with you fuelab pumps? mine when out again this has happened every year for 3 years in a row so I'm goin with something else instead of this p.o.s any idea would be awesome because I need to get my truck running again

Broke4smoke

Reaction score
When someone figures out a good pump to go with let me know I've had mine replaced twice in the last 6 months ... JUNK (downtime)

swinky

Reaction score
6.7 pump..... I will be doing dual 6.7 pumps before I run any aftermarket stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Are you guys running a single pump..fuel lab, aero, etc... or in conjunction with a fass or AD setup?

Mdub707

Reaction score
How are these fuelab pumps set up that you keep wrecking them? Is there a pre-filter? Are you running from a sump to the pump? If it has to pull fuel instead of being gravity fed, they're supposed to have a lift pump.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have NEVER had any issues with the Aeromotive Marine Grade fuel pump in my truck.
Hell, I even sold it to Josh Davis after using it for about 6 months...he never used it...I went through 3 FASS motors, and then bought it back from Josh, and have been using it ever since with no issues.

#1 Rule: use a sump.
#2 Rule: use a good pre filter, like a DAHL-200 (that's what I use)
#3 Rule: use a post filter after the pump. (I use an Areomotive 10 micron attached directly to the pump.)
#4 Rule: use at least -8 or -10 line from the pump to the front of the engine bay.
#5 Rule: use a "Y" block for splitting the fuel flow to both sides of the heads.
#6 Rule: use -6 line to the front of the heads, and from the back of the heads to the regulator. (I use an Aeromotive Marine Grade regulator set at 65 psi, with no boost reference)
#7 Rule: run the return line through a fuel cooler. (I have a huge fuel cooler mounted in front of the intercooler.)
#8 Rule: Use a check valve in the return line to the tank.This will prevent the fuel from siphoning back to the tank.

This is the way my setup is...take it or leave it, I don't much care. I have tried several different methods of building my own fuel rails, and such...but the way I have it now has been flawless.

Common sense applies when wiring up pumps as well...proper sized fuses, wire gauge and relays...

Broke4smoke

Reaction score
I have a sump going to fuel/water separator to fuel lab pump to fuel filter all 3/4" (Baldwin filters) from the fuel filter to the "Y" at the RR is 1/2" the RR return is sinister diesel ... From the battery I ran +12v Fused 30a to the relay and -12v to the pump for ground picked up the OEM fuel pump wires and connected them to relay ... All #10gauge wire ... I have a on/off valve after my sump gravity fed and when I removed the pump I wanted to make sure I wasn't starving the system so I turned it on and fuel drains steady 3/4" fuel

what a mess

Reaction score
yea I have a sump and 5/8 line feeding it and all of that stuff I did it the way everyone said to do it I even bought the strickly diesel wirirng harness and still nothing but issues

co04cobra

Reaction score
How are these fuelab pumps set up that you keep wrecking them? Is there a pre-filter? Are you running from a sump to the pump? If it has to pull fuel instead of being gravity fed, they're supposed to have a lift pump.

That is how I've had the best luck too. I'm not a fan of sumps and think a lot of primary pump failures come from not having a lift pump.

swinky

Reaction score
I have NEVER had any issues with the Aeromotive Marine Grade fuel pump in my truck.
Hell, I even sold it to Josh Davis after using it for about 6 months...he never used it...I went through 3 FASS motors, and then bought it back from Josh, and have been using it ever since with no issues.

#1 Rule: use a sump.
#2 Rule: use a good pre filter, like a DAHL-200 (that's what I use)
#3 Rule: use a post filter after the pump. (I use an Areomotive 10 micron attached directly to the pump.)
#4 Rule: use at least -8 or -10 line from the pump to the front of the engine bay.
#5 Rule: use a "Y" block for splitting the fuel flow to both sides of the heads.
#6 Rule: use -6 line to the front of the heads, and from the back of the heads to the regulator. (I use an Aeromotive Marine Grade regulator set at 65 psi, with no boost reference)
#7 Rule: run the return line through a fuel cooler. (I have a huge fuel cooler mounted in front of the intercooler.)
#8 Rule: Use a check valve in the return line to the tank.This will prevent the fuel from siphoning back to the tank.

This is the way my setup is...take it or leave it, I don't much care. I have tried several different methods of building my own fuel rails, and such...but the way I have it now has been flawless.

Common sense applies when wiring up pumps as well...proper sized fuses, wire gauge and relays...
That's a lot of rules for getting the same job done as my setup with simple 1/2 rubber fuel line to the factory bowl and a standard regulated return.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online