Fuelab vs ad or fass

Shafer171

Reaction score
I'm to the point in my build that I need to start thinking about my fuel system. I know the majority will say to go with a fuelab or aero motive pump. My question is how well have the setups with a ad or fass held up for you all? Also since I'm leaning toward the fuelab pump how did you guys that are running it doing your lines and such?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
partial because we sell AD but have had very good luck from the new 4g air dog set ups.A draw straw is needed because they can seem to get a little bit stupid under 1/4 tank.

if you would like a price on one of the 4g set ups feel free to shoot a pm.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
I'm not here from a sales standpoint (we don't sell direct), but if you have any tech or application questions, I can certainly help. The controller problems that you might read about out of our pumps in older posts, have been addressed and the controllers have been revised. There weren't a lot of problems, but it did happen. It took us a bit of time to get it sorted out. We were chasing the wrong symptom. Additionally, it was something we could never duplicate on your test stand. Regardless, rest assured that you will have good luck with our pumps if they're installed and maintained correctly.

Last edited:

Shafer171

Reaction score
I had not heard of any issues matter of fact I haven't heard one bad thing about the fuelab pumps. Only complaint I've heard is nobody has a kit, but I did find that side action is offering one now.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I've been running a Fuelab dodge setup for two years now. Hasn't missed a beat. Simple install and very quiet. I'm very glad I went with Fuelab. I had and airdog and fass. I won't ever buy one again.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
I had not heard of any issues matter of fact I haven't heard one bad thing about the fuelab pumps. Only complaint I've heard is nobody has a kit, but I did find that side action is offering one now.

That's correct - Side Action is producing a kit using our pump. Our version will be available in a few weeks. We're finalizing install components now (finally...this one was a long time coming).

The controller issues I mentioned were *usually* the pumps installed in a gas application. I have my theories as to why that was, but no real facts to back it up. Regardless, we found the problem and came up with a solution.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Where will your kit be available since you don't sell direct?

That's correct - Side Action is producing a kit using our pump. Our version will be available in a few weeks. We're finalizing install components now (finally...this one was a long time coming).

The controller issues I mentioned were *usually* the pumps installed in a gas application. I have my theories as to why that was, but no real facts to back it up. Regardless, we found the problem and came up with a solution.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
All of our current diesel vendors will be able to get the pumps. There is a dealer locator on our website.

I don't want to sound like I'm sidestepping the question, but I don't want to accidentally forget a seller that sponsors the forum nor do I want to direct you to someone that does not sponsor the forum. Just trying to play nice.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
All of our current diesel vendors will be able to get the pumps. There is a dealer locator on our website.

I don't want to sound like I'm sidestepping the question, but I don't want to accidentally forget a seller that sponsors the forum nor do I want to direct you to someone that does not sponsor the forum. Just trying to play nice.

hey josh long time no talk ! hope all is well .

Shafer171

Reaction score
:poke::poke:Just the man I was hoping would chime in! Mike, I know you have something on a shelf for me

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.