Fuelab's regulators

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Why do I keep seeing Fuelab 51501-1 show up for the FPR to use in a regulated return system? Here's what I'm gaining from my research...

Fuelab 51501-1 is an inline FPR, with one -10AN inlet and a -6AN return, which would be fine if the return lines from the head joined in a -6AN dual Y to -10AN single. The way I suppose this works is because the pressures in each head are allowed to stabilize before having to overcome the spring pressure of the regulator.

The one I see on Fuelab's site that I *want* to use is the 51502-C regulator, which has 2 -6AN inlets and a -6AN return. The reason I want to use this I because it would eliminate the need for a Y fitting from the return lines to the head, thus eliminating a potential leak.... the only reason I worry is because it possibly wouldn't let the fuel pressures in each fuel rail to stabilize, allowing one rail to open the regulator and not allow the other to maintain adequate pressure? I am unsure though...

Any input? They are both priced the same so if you could use one less part I dont see why you wouldnt....

dietoremain

Reaction score
Jason I'm pretty sure I got the 515-02 Ill have to double check as its laying around somewhere in the shop. Gonna put that thing together some day lol who has time.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I have the 51502. :evil

Of course... It's sitting on the couch behind me....
:fustrate:

:poke:

dave186

Reaction score
Mines been under the hood of my truck for while now, no problems. and yes its plumbed in LOL.

6leakertweeker

Reaction score
As Dozers said. We always go with the areomtive a1000-6 injected bypass regulator. It has two -6 inlet and one -6 outlet. Its smaller in size than the fuelab and Iirc its also cheaper.

ResizedImage_1329806010359.jpg

That was the only picture I could find at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online