Full throttle run, then stiff brake pedl?

faster7581

Reaction score
I've noticed on my truck lately, that if I do a full throttle run, then let off and brake, the pedal is real stiff for a few seconds, then it go back to normal.. Is this normal, or do I some kinda issue with brake/boost? Btw it does it on 210 tow, 275, 300 and 310 Spartan.
Thanks
Mike B

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I've noticed on my truck lately, that if I do a full throttle run, then let off and brake, the pedal is real stiff for a few seconds, then it go back to normal.. Is this normal, or do I some kinda issue with brake/boost? Btw it does it on 210 tow, 275, 300 and 310 Spartan.
Thanks
Mike B

Does it do it if you floor it from like 50 or 60

faster7581

Reaction score
i'll check, but pretty sure its anytime I lay into for a few seconds then let off and brake

faster7581

Reaction score
its after I let off the throttle, and apply the brake, light or heavy brake pressure.. the pedal is real stiff and stays high, then after a few seconds, the pedal feels normal and braking is normal... its done it at the end of the track @100mph, so its def not spinning.

faster7581

Reaction score
I don't have traction control, and yes definitely puckers the hiney... would suck on the road if someone pulled out in front of me..

faster7581

Reaction score
power steering pump? whats that have to do with braking? I'm new to the 6.4, sorry :shrug:

OBS F350

Reaction score
Mine did the same, I always figured it was the P/S pump being angry about the high rpms LOL. Plus mine was getting weak already.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Mine has done this ever since I tuned it 25k or so miles ago, usually if it does give me the stiff pedal I can let off the brake a little and then put pressure back an it's normal... I'm pretty sure it's the abs system gettin confused because your going straight from hard acceleration to trying to stop so it kicks in.

faster7581

Reaction score
that's what I've been doing, just ease up on the brake for a few seconds then get back on it and its back to normal.... thanks for the replies, guess its normal with big tunes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.