Garage Door Opener Visor

padronanniversary

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a f350 2015 and I'm pretty sure I am going platinum, but having doubts paying an extra $3k for a visor, badging, and painted bumpers.

The one thing I notice is that the platinums have a door opener, while lost lariats I've seen do not. I've also hear that the new openers are not compatible with a lot of people's garage doors

I know it sounds silly, but anyone know how much the visor costs and if it's simply just plugging it into a harness ?

Thanks in advance

mattman347

Reaction score
The visor should not be wired in, it should be "Homelink" and battery operated. I'm sure they have some for sale somewhere but don't know right off hand.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a f350 2015 and I'm pretty sure I am going platinum, but having doubts paying an extra $3k for a visor, badging, and painted bumpers.

The one thing I notice is that the platinums have a door opener, while lost lariats I've seen do not. I've also hear that the new openers are not compatible with a lot of people's garage doors

I know it sounds silly, but anyone know how much the visor costs and if it's simply just plugging it into a harness ?

Thanks in advance

its a little more than just that, I was in the same predicament, the platinum has different leather ( I don't prefer it) , heated steering wheel ( don't need it in socal) , and wood grain (don't want it) , and a ton of badging all over it as well a tailgate I didn't want , making the lariat ultimate my vehicle of choice. sticker was about $1500 less, but mine came with every option including homelink. just depends on what you want out of the truck . I was just deciding how much or how little I would have to PTM and replace.

webb06

Reaction score
I know the garage door buttons in my dads ultimate lariat '14 don't work with our garage doors.....and my '12 ultimate lariat doesn't even have the buttons.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Not all of the 15's are homelink. Mine is some other crummy brand. It works but it's a third the range of a homelink. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
You could probably send Sunrise Ford (vendor on this site) a message and price the visor. They're pretty quick about replies, and could email a Ford rep if they don't know the answer to the question.

TripleE44

Reaction score
This is pretty weird. My '11 Lariat doesn't even have navigation, but its got the buttons in the visor.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I have had it in several vehicles but I think I only actually programmed it in one or two of them....

padronanniversary

Reaction score
You would think once you get a lariat or platinum package it would be standard. I also read they moved away from home link and the new suppliers have issues with compatibly with a lot of different doors

pjtamu12

Reaction score
Have it on my '12 King Ranch. Still haven't gotten around to making it work with my new house.

BK39

Reaction score
I tried programming mine a couple times, but it seems to be idiot proof/can't get it to work.

Latest posts

Members online