Gauge desicion

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about the next few guages I am gonna add, but cant decide how to arrange them.
I already have
(4) A pillar: Pyro, Trans, Pyro, 60psi boost
(1) Steering column: Scan guage
(3) Top dash over radio: Oil Pressure, 60psi boost (backpressure)

I have one more spot over the dash, and can add 2 add on sensors to the scan gauge. The problem is I want a total of 4 more gauges but wont have a spot for the 4th.

I want:
Fuel pressure
Oil temp
Water Temp
Nitrous pressure.

I was gonna do the two temp sensors on the scan gauge and put the fuel pressure in the final spot above the radio. That leaves me no where to put the nitrous without buying another pod. And the pods are all 2-4 gauge capacity and I hate having empty holes.
I prefer the pod that goes under the cubby hole on the bottom part of the dash, but then I am left with 2 blank holes and cant think of any more gauges to put in that I would want/need.

Looking for some opinions on whether or not to just buck up and buy the two temp gauges seperatly or what all else I can add in the last two holes.

My gauge series is the cobalt and I would prefer them all to stay the same.
Thanks

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Have you thought about a F-550 dash? They have a nice place to below the cubby hole to put a few gauges. Instead of switches you could put 2 other gauges.

650_thumb2.jpg

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That's an excellent option dirtboy. My only gripe is loosing the cubby... I love that cubby LOL

The one I found on stealth automotive is 50 I believe but I loose the cubby and it has a hole where the switch panel is... However I could put the nitrous switches there.

Stroker. Do you have a pic. I'm not sure I follow you.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Im leaning more towards just the 3 pod under dash one, or the f650 dash. I like the area for the switches, which will work for the nitrous.

Anyone have any other gauges I could benefit from ?

A diff temp would be nice, however autometer doesnt offer that in cobalt. So I could retrofit an oil temp or something there.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Haha, hey if you need em, you need em.

Dirt now that you mention that, your right. Gonna go with the 650 dash.

I took a look at my bosses truck (06) and his has a little "drawer" where I have this useless hook on the right side. Never found a use for it, Im guessing that was from the 6.0L years.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Lol.

I found two places to order the F650 dash from, an odd variance in price though. Stealth sells their piece for 50-75 while as the site you got the pics from is 160-250 ??

Denver

Reaction score
One comes with switches and is painted and one doesn't come with switches nor is it painted.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Fair enough, but the manual piece is 267 vs 50.... In my opinion the auto should be more as it comes with up to 9 switchs vs 4.
The switches look nice but a bit rich for my blood lol.

And a can of interior paint is 11$

F650 dash is what Im gonna do, anyone know a good place to locate the flip down cubby piece for it ? (Replaces that hook thing)

dirtboy25

Reaction score
F650 dash is what Im gonna do, anyone know a good place to locate the flip down cubby piece for it ? (Replaces that hook thing)

Isn't that for an ash tray? I didn't think they made a flip down cubby for it. :shrug:

Get with Sunrise Ford. Dillon got his there and he said it was dirt cheap. I don't know how much dirt cheap is but I do know they give PSA members a 25% discount.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Not sure, my boss has an actual flip down cubby drawer in his 06. Figured I see about putting one in place of that hook thing that does nothing but waste space.

I called my local Ford dealership, the part number for the f650 dash through them is 270$ lol, Ill order mine from Stealth for 50$

Latest posts

Members online